586,036 active members*
3,695 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Post Processor Files > Need help with Mastercam v9.1 generic mill post (mpfan) g54-s

Need help with Mastercam v9.1 generic mill post (mpfan) g54-s

Hi Guys
    I am trying to get a better understanding of how post processors are written, edited, and how they work so I can make changes to them when I need to.
    My biggest problem now is: how to force generic mill post (mpfan) post to output G54 – g55
    I need to know how to force post to output wcs g54-59 based on mastercam setting

301. Work Coordinates [0-1=G92, 2=G54's] (mi1)? 2
    force_wcs : yes #Force WCS output at every toolchange?

This two settings not helping at all
    Any help would be greatly appreciated

In order to force out any code you need to format as so...
    "G54", or "G55", just place that where you want the code to come out. Remember to end the line with an "e". So if you want to force out G54 on it's own line it would look like this.
    "G54", e
    As for understanding how they are written and work that would take way more space than I have here, but if you have questions about how to get something done in your PP post them up here and I'll do my best.

The default Mill Fanac post all ready has the options of out putting diffrent offsets. this is handled in your oparation before posting.
    Are you using the WCS at all?
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Mastercam post

Inside each individual operation, in the Operations Manager, you will find the Planes tab.

When opening this tab, you will find a greyed out Work offset number.

Just put a check mark in the box and the Work offset numbers should be as follows:

0=G54
    1= G55
    2=G56
    etc ...