586,123 active members*
3,240 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Please wait, drawing tool path.

In Tormach's M3 I get "Please wait, drawing tool path." I can't make it stop and it's driving me batty. After each instruction the machine pauses while the tool path is slowly redrawn. I cancel it and it comes back with the next instruction etc. I used to be able to shut down the machine and it might not come back for a few days. I can't find any option to kill it completely either in settings or diagnostics. Help please.

I wish I knew how to configure ether the standard M3 or M4.
    Entropy Sucks

Re: Please wait, drawing tool path.

Is there a hotkey that will make the toolpath regenerate? If so, maybe the keyboard is sending that signal for some reason. Might be worth the couple minutes it would take to try a different keyboard.

Sorry, I know this is a stab in the dark and a bit of a long shot. Good luck!

John,
    I think you are on Path Pilot, but I can't recall if you have the Tormach controller or a "home-modified" version. If standard Tormach, then they should be able to help.
    Bevin .

Thanks, actually I had to leave PP for a while b/c in spite of being listed in the user manual as a valid instruction, I couldn't get G41 to work. So I went back for now. I've had the "Please Wait, Generating Tool Path" issue off and on since day one. It seems to come back on its own Then eventually go away. Most annoying and renders it impossible to run in single block mode.
    Entropy Sucks

John, Is this manual coding?
    I would suggestion a decent cam program to generate your code, this would reduce entropy by a few factors. And save a huge amount of time and effort in process

Yes, manual coding. I do have some software, but for simple pockets and/or peck drilling, they seem to me like taking heroine for a headache. They tend to generate a gazillion lines of code for such simple programs. I do use cad/cam when doing real 3D stuff, compound curves, etc. And yes, cad/cam would alleviate a lot of frustration, but then what would I be able to complain about?
    Entropy Sucks