Hello

My first post here.

Our company decided to improve our EDM from a 35 year old machine to a 20 year old machine. Not really knowing anything about the cnc world EDM's . we kinda went a little blindly, thinking it would be similar to any other cnc machine.
we had a demo of the machine running , it fit our budget ( Low) . we purchased the machine , installed . everything works fine. the basic stuff setting up work is pretty straight forward. there are a few programs in the machine and on disks for us to get started.

When I really started to look at what is required to create and adjust programs. I realized there is allot more to this. we do have a few options to get some local guys to mentor us through programming.

we also found out since, the this machine is now on the no support list at GF.

My question is about training. do the current Charmillies machines talk the same basic language ? code is code , just the header and ending of the programs change depending on the machines.
If I approach GF for training , do you guys think I can apply it to our machine.

or if there are some guys that know these machines and are interested in training an old dog ?

thanks for any advice.