586,449 active members*
3,757 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

looking for help machine x and y coordinates are off

Hello everyone
    You have probably heard it before I am new here and I need help

I was trying to check my laser path and when I went to set the laser to the top left of the machine my X and Y coordinates were off.
    I don't know what happened as I did not touch any settings I was not familiar with.

my machine reads where the X:0 and Y:0 should be now read X: 96138mm and Y: 9403mm as I move the laser out towards the bed the numbers only get larger.
    I have tried restarting the machine - that ended in it trying to find x0 y0 and when it reached the cornner it started to push against it slamming into the machine
    I unplugged my computer from the machine and restarted - same thing happened.

I am afraid to touch anything else as I might hurt the machine more, any help would be nice
    Thanks

keyland laser
    rdworks v8
    model kqg-1612

Re: looking for help machine x and y coordinates are off

I would take the belts off and run the steppers to 0 x O y and then move your head to 0 x 0 y and then shut the machine off. I would the reinstall the belts and turn the machine back on

I have settings on the control board to reset x, rest y, but in the manual its very brief (written by china translated to english ) and i think it means it will reset it as if i clicked reset and scratch the side of the machine. this wasn't cheap so im trying to find a solution that doesn't require or requires less tampering or tinkering with the machine hands on.
    would there be a way I can move the laser to its intended start point and manually enter in my x and y?

Good morning ...
    It happened to me once something like your problem with the pen does not recognize the limits of table ....
    Is the problem was that the limre sensors the machine was dirty and after cleanser with alcohol everything returned to normal ....

Thank you,
    I found the answer
    n fact it was some what the sensor, there was a small metal piece that was bent when shipped, so the sensors could not read the metal piece, and the metal piece was what the sensor needed to line up and read to infact know where it was on the table

thanks for all your help