586,094 active members*
3,906 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > 6040 Chinese Router just stopped in middle of program

6040 Chinese Router just stopped in middle of program

Hello all, I was running my 6040 Chinese Router machining aluminum with a 2mm flat endmill (23500 RPM) at .018 depth of cut and about a quarter of the way through the 25 minute program the machine just stopped. So in a panic thinking just the spindle stalled I hit the emergency button on the black box (SX CNC what is on the box). Now the box will not come on. The pump will not turn on or the spindle will not run or any lights show up. I was wondering if there is a breaker in the box that has tripped and needs to be reset.

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Eric

Re: 6040 Chinese Router just stopped in middle of program

I bought a 3020 Chinese router it came with two small fuses like xmas lights.

Hi, sounds like when the machine stopped it either blew a fuse or tripped a breaker somewhere........the emergency switch was probably inoperable by that time.

Have you gone down the path of checking to see if you have power to the machine and from there further on?

If you haven't got any electrical skill don't open the box to mess with the innards.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by ecope View Post
    Hello all, I was running my 6040 Chinese Router machining aluminum with a 2mm flat endmill (23500 RPM) at .018 depth of cut and about a quarter of the way through the 25 minute program the machine just stopped. So in a panic thinking just the spindle stalled I hit the emergency button on the black box (SX CNC what is on the box). Now the box will not come on. The pump will not turn on or the spindle will not run or any lights show up. I was wondering if there is a breaker in the box that has tripped and needs to be reset.

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Did you reset the Estop correctly, by twisting it until it pops up, you could of blown a fuse, you will have to check inside for that, if your Estop is set correct

Why did it stop before you hit the Estop, may be your software is bad, as you will find that these machines have pirated software, some run some do not, Mach3 without a license will run only 500 lines of code then it will stop
    Mactec54

I finally had the time to take a closer look at my control box and at first I could not find any fuse located in the box so I found another picture that showed the fuse located in the same housing as the plug and it was a blown fuse and luckily it came with an extra one so I popped it in and it is running again. Thanks for all the help!

Now I have another question. I am running a job that I need to raise the spindle in it holder to clear the part, but after I loosened the 2 screws (2 holds it to the machine and 2 clamps the motor) that loosens the motor, I cannot get the spindle motor to move it is very very tight. Any suggestions on how to free the motor?

Thanks again group for all the help and all have a Merry Christmas.

Ok, I found out that I need to loosen up all of the screws that is holding on the spindle for the spindle motor to move freely. Now another question about the accuracy of the axis. The X axis seems to repeat within a couple of thousands (which surprised me) but the Y axis is out about 0.005". How can I adjust the Y axis to get it to a better tolerance?

Thanks again.
    Eric