586,123 active members*
3,263 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > General Off Topic Discussions > Where should I buy a Laser Cutting Machine?

Question Where should I buy a Laser Cutting Machine?

Hi to everyone, I´m new to the forum!
    My name is Joaquín, I´m from Argentina and currently living in Costa Rica.

I wanted to import a laser cutting machine from the US, but the prices are extremly high. I also read that some companies rebrand machines bought at China and then reprice them maybe 2.5x or more. So I decided to buy one directly from China, BUT, since I know there are a lot of fake companies that steal your money (I asked at the China embassy and they told me to be very carefull with that), I´d like you people to help me and recommend me real, serious companies which I shoudn´t have any issues with.

The machine I´m looking for is a 100W 24" by 35" aprox. for cutting and engraving wood planks and acrylic, maybe 10mm-15mm thick (less than 1/2")

Thank you all and may the laser be with you !
    :wave:

PS: Sorry for my bad English !!!!
    :wave:

Re: Where should I buy a Laser Cutting Machine?

Do your research, lots of legitimate companies that are discussed here and at the Sawmill creek forums. Shenui, G.weike and others. Get prices, compare response times from the staff, reviews on the machines, and your gut. I actually don't read about too many outright scams, but you do need to make sure you get what you pay for (and that you are paying enough to get what you want).

Good luck.
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

You can purchase the wood laser cutting machine by payple payment, do not worry about the security

We provide the perfect CNC solution with best machine & service--PCL Group

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer2 View Post
    Do your research, lots of legitimate companies that are discussed here and at the Sawmill creek forums. Shenui, G.weike and others. Get prices, compare response times from the staff, reviews on the machines, and your gut. I actually don't read about too many outright scams, but you do need to make sure you get what you pay for (and that you are paying enough to get what you want).

Good luck.
    Thanks for the advice!! I´ve talked to Shenhui, G Weike and another companies already and I think I´m going for the Shenhui !

I should mention then, while my shenui experience was OK/good, my brothers was horrible (and they came in the same shipment - identical machine specs). He had a huge issue getting intact laser tubes from them - he never got a working tube in fact. They packed them poorly, they broke, and eventually they stopped replacing them. he had like 5 break in transit (the original one was OK but had a flaw in the glass). It was stupid how they packed them (I've been convinced ever since at least 50% of the cost of the tubes is to cover damages in transit). He ended up having to go to another vendor for the tube (and lowered the spec to keep costs down).

He's also had accuracy issues across the table (along the gantry width) that are weird and so far persistent. My accuracy is not super but it is way more consistent than his. I say this not knowing if any other companies are better but just a review of Shenhui. If we had to do it again, we'd likely avoid them. Though if we had just got my machine and never gotten his machine, we'd probably recommend them a lot. That's the problem with small sample sizes.

Also I am pretty sure my brother would spec closed loop steppers if he had to redo the order.

The other vendor we had narrowed it down to was G.Weike. For what its worth. I mean Shenhui has plenty of happy customers, I'm one but my brother is not.
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...