586,089 active members*
3,874 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > looking for data cable from cnc to controller. ANY IDEAS WHERE TO FIND ONE ? any help

looking for data cable from cnc to controller. ANY IDEAS WHERE TO FIND ONE ? any help

Hi
    I have a cnc machine with a 50 pin data cable going from my cnc machine to the controller but now need a new cable and im struggling to find one. I have attached pics of the type of controller and my original cable. Any help would be great thanks.

Re: looking for data cable from cnc to controller. ANY IDEAS WHERE TO FIND ONE ? any

Rs components maybe ?

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Re: looking for data cable from cnc to controller. ANY IDEAS WHERE TO FIND ONE ? any

This instructable shows you how to build a cheap and easy, but very small CNC. You can use it to mill thin balsa wood and different foams. Everything you need, can be found in old PC's or can be bought quite cheap. It was inspired by the Pocket laser engraver, but i added a third axis and now I am able to mill small 3D objects.
    www.lancerfab.com

I'm in the same boat, different mil spec connector though..... My approach, when I actually get to doing it, is a bunch of Ethernet wires and some."keystone" female ends that I can hook up to existing wires.....lots of wire tracing to do but easy to replace in the future!

Have you looked at a 50 pin SCSI cable