586,307 active members*
3,295 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Buttons do not work (Fanuc)

I started a machine that is standing for a long time.It is a lathe that has a control unit Fanuc 10T. Machine is functional if you stood long.I noticed that the buttons do not work "P" i "3" and buttons "offset" under the monitor.At beginning "offset" button worked but now no longer.During one point machine it worked and button "3", but not for long. What could be?I cleaned with contact spray for motherboard, I did not get anything.
    Whether to replace them with buttons that do not use?Or to try something else?I can now insert images, site does not work I'll put in as soon as I could..

Re: Buttons do not work (Fanuc)

After thorough cleaning I could not do anything. Checked each switch button eith UNI and each works perfectly.Every opportunity compression gives contact, the problem is something else.I switched from another machine all thekeybord (front control unit) and I got work keys 3,P and offset but it did not work second X,O,CAN,SHIFT,7.Both machines do not work for very long, do not know what could have been.I do not know what else could see...I changed and flat cabel the same happens.I do not know what else to lookAttachment 300198Attachment 300200Attachment 300202

Help! Help! Help!

Compressed air, contacts spray. Cleaning contacts with rubber, contact spray again. It's my formula.

Quote Originally Posted by lp_felix View Post
    Compressed air, contacts spray. Cleaning contacts with rubber, contact spray again. It's my formula.
    I tray, but noting

After thorough cleaning I could not do anything. Checked each switch button eith UNI and each works perfectly.Every opportunity compression gives contact, the problem is something else.I switched from another machine all thekeybord (front*controlunit) and I got work keys 3,P and offset but it did not work second X,O,CAN,SHIFT,7.Both machines do not work for very long, do not know what could have been.I do not know what else could see...I changed and flat cabel the same happens.I do not know what else to look

- - - Updated - - -

After thorough cleaning I could not do anything. Checked each switch button eith UNI and each works perfectly.Every opportunity compression gives contact, the problem is something else.I switched from another machine all thekeybord (front*controlunit) and I got work keys 3,P and offset but it did not work second X,O,CAN,SHIFT,7.Both machines do not work for very long, do not know what could have been.I do not know what else could see...I changed and flat cabel the same happens.I do not know what else to look

it will be easier if you have the circuit diagram for the PCB with the key switches on

the circuit would make it possible to see if you have random switches not working or if they are all connected to one wire

tracing the connections between all the switches and the cable connector should be easy , it just takes time

as an example
    Attachment 300636

the diagram shows a 16 key matrix that only requires 9 wires to connect the keyboard to the encoder IC

if the connection to terminal X3 was broken
    keys 2 , 6 , 10 , 14 and 18 would stop working

I assume you have measured the contact resistance of the switches and its less than 1 ohm

since you have tested the switch panel on another machine using another cable

I would suspect you could have a poor solder joint or a cracked copper track on the keyboard PCB

or corrosion on the cable connector

John

I not have diagram, but I tray to find it.We tried test every switch and provides a signal. Since I have two machines I switched set the control unit from another machine (no 2) and got to work Offset,P,3 but it did not work second X,O,CAN,SHIFT,7.When I changed cable (all who go to these boards up) did not get anything.I have inserted plates from another machine (no 2) (see picture) I changed one to one behaves like the beginning (p,3,offset).The machines have a long standing some 11 years, but everything else works nicely. First machine it is complite (have transformator), the second is not complete.
    Attachment 300664Attachment 300666Attachment 300668Attachment 300670Attachment 300672Attachment 300672Is it possible that she lost some parameters?it was not plugged in 11 years.As soon as I turned I changed batteries,and I wrote programs and omissions piece works well...I guess it has not lost any parameters.Whether something about the keyboard is back in the closet?The problem is that I do not have any support from masters in the country.lSorry for my bad language, I hope you understand me

Machine is Ikegai fx10zAttachment 300674Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ikegaiiiiii2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	300676

just keep pecking at the button 100 times or so...if they sit a long time they often dont read.
    weve had a lot of 0 controls stored that acted up after sitting- just last week a brand new keyboard from fanuc wasnt reading a bunch of keys, just kept tapping on them and eventually the contacts cleaned up and they work fine...switches are fairly durable, but arent the quality of the old 6/11 with the actual keys- those things and their bubble memories can be booted up after a decade and work fine.

I try pecking I checked...Machines stand out 14 years (2001) :O Even all the works except of buttons.

Pecking at the button min 500 times and nothing

sorry. have seen a lot of sketchy keyboards revived by use, obviously not gonna happen with yours-
    I think john-100's print is your best bet to check out

Quote Originally Posted by Prnya View Post
    Help! Help! Help!
    I have had this problem. An operator crashed one of our lathes pretty hard. Took a bit of trouble shooting. I found one of the Honda cables was jarred loose where it hooks to the main board. Try turning the machine off then unplug and replug them. Try to find the one coming from the keyboard (MDI unit).
    Hope this helps you.

I tried to separate cables, related to the control unit around the keyboard...Whatever I do is turn on again...Nothing...I'll have to find a professional masters, I will write what happened, as soon solve the problem.I think it is a folly

Just to mention...Keys are back and all the great work.After a certain time burned the circuit under the monitor (fuse 32x6 mm 1.6A).After replacement again it happened that the keys do not work, but after a day of working again.And they seem to work when I was picking the buttons below panel (buttons light,spindle for rev stop).Maybe it was something stuck so upsetting to other keys.Generally I do not understand what happened , but time will show their...I hope that it will now work well

i have 10 t controll in fanuc..Sometimes the buttons O M I arrow key are not working...any Solution for that..Plz reply

Quote Originally Posted by aravindbabu View Post
    i have 10 t controll in fanuc..Sometimes the buttons O M I arrow key are not working...any Solution for that..Plz reply
    The problem was in the central panel that connects the keyboard plate to the back plate. One wire is solved all.Or contacts are bad or cold solder...All buttons now work