586,655 active members*
3,088 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Desktop laser engraver / cutter

Here is the ebay link: 40W CO2 Laser ENGRAVER Cutter with DSP with Color Display | eBay

Basically, my original K40 burned up when moshiboard malfunctioned.... it was sitting idle (pwr on) but was not cutting, head took off toward bottom right corner firing laser and set the room on fire while I was away for a moment dealing with a visiting client. Room was fine (concrete) but table and laser was total loss.

I went ahead and bought 2 more and upgraded both with Anywells AWC708c DSP ( the one with the color screen... very nice). That was last summer and the first machine has been running fine.

What I have linked is the unused backup machine I assembled for the eventuality that the first machine need downtime or maintenence.

The starting bid is what I have invested in it.

Thanks for looking!

Re: Desktop laser engraver / cutter

it is expensive.

Re: Desktop laser engraver / cutter

The next bigger useable machine is somewhere between 2 and 3k.

If you were to go out and perform the upgrade yourself, you would spend right around 1k for the machine I have in that ebay listing. The basic K40 machine can be got from $350- $550 and the controller/display/drivers can be got for $400-$600.

Then you need to rewire everything, it takes about 6 hours if you have everything laid out already... and about 15 hours if you don't. Not everyone has the ability or time to risk on going through the steps. Even if you do, a small wiring mistake can ruin your controller or drivers. I think that is worth $300.

And shipping is what it is.

I might fancy this one up a bit more to get it to sell. I like the idea of having a back up available. But not the idea of laser tubes sitting idle as they can sometimes have a shelf life. This is my motivation.

There is a similar set up machine out there for sale at $1900... it had more upgrades than my listing... I don't see it now or I would link it.