586,075 active members*
4,320 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Laser cuttercuts only half of the object

Hello!
    I really need help. I bought a OMNI laser cutting machine 100W with 1300x900mm cutting table. When I try to cut out an object the laser only cuts half of the object. I have attached pictures of the work and also screenshot of the program. So far I have tried on cardboard and 3mm thick plywood and I get the same results every time. I tried to change the laser power and cutting speed but the same result. I have set the object as one layer with the same cutting parameters so that is not the issue. If anyone can help me please!

Re: Laser cuttercuts only half of the object

Bad geometry maybe?...if it s a vector file with some areas not closed, that could be the result....a guess more than anything. Try the file shaded as you want and save as a bitmap, see how that cuts.... Or run the softwares clean up features (delete overlap, optimize and one other that I think is the one that might help), that could be the trick too.

Quote Originally Posted by gfacer View Post
    Bad geometry maybe?...if it s a vector file with some areas not closed, that could be the result....a guess more than anything. Try the file shaded as you want and save as a bitmap, see how that cuts.... Or run the softwares clean up features (delete overlap, optimize and one other that I think is the one that might help), that could be the trick too.
    Could it also be the lenses maybe I need to align them? Because I tired to cut at the orher corcorner of the working table and it cut a very thick line bbut it did not go Trough anyway.

Are you sure the output power in the same before the problem and when it's problem?How long have you using this machine?
    I think the output power may decrease with time goes by,so cut out at first and cut half later.
    Sincerely........Seven

Corner *really * off could be a height problem, so check height in all 4 corners. That would have nothing to do with other engraving issue.