Hello all, been a long time viewer of the forum and have never posted but must admit I have found answers to many problems in the past. So thank you!

Today I finally plucked up the courage to change the bulb in my year old Chinese 50w laser. A new bulb was ordered, paid for and sent from what I believe is the same supplier that sent the laser to me. The process was researched over and over and over and all seemed fine. The tube was checked for any cracks prior to being installed and again this all looked fine.

Sadly after putting the silicone in place, I think I must have missed a tiny hair of a wire as it arced and made a horrendous noise (whilst also making me jump across the room). I waited for about an hour, reapplied further silicone and this time checked with a fine tooth comb before doing absolutely anything! When I was 100% sure, I turned the machine back on and this is the problem I am having.

There is no arc and everything sounds fine. However, I press the "pulse" button and zilch. My partner is standing on the other side of the laser so can see the tube and has also said that he can't see it firing / lighting up / doing much!

After reading through the forums, I know that some people have said to take off the side and press the red test / reset button that is located on the power box. Sadly after doing this, it also does nothing. I have checked the power box and can see that the fan is going round so I assume it has power and all the red LED's are on that should be on. The only tiny little thing I have noticed is that when I reset the machine and try to press the "pulse" button again, a tiny little spark (or what sounds like one) goes off in the box. When I press the pulse button again this doesn't happen unless I reset the machine....

So... here is my issue... I don't know whether it's the power box that has gone or whether I have broken tube and I can't think how to check for either. It's infuriating because naturally if it's a broken tube, I will get a replacement out to me, but if it's the box? Then I need to order one! But additionally, I don't want to order a new box if the one I have is running perfectly fine?!

Can anyone please help or push me in the right direction? Like others, this is my busiest time of year and i'm currently panicking about what to do next week. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thank you so much!