586,070 active members*
3,514 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > Maztrol M32 Meldas MR-S1, MR-S11 AC servo AMPLIFIER analog speed input on VQC 15-40

Maztrol M32 Meldas MR-S1, MR-S11 AC servo AMPLIFIER analog speed input on VQC 15-40

Hello

I just finished cleaning an old VQC 15-40 produced in 1989 CNC machine after a few years of storage (one in our warehouse) and found out that both backup batteries are not functional. I did reinitialize the Meldas controller and unfortunately found that the system diskette was unreadable(I also tried to read it in a PC with omnifloppy without success).

The unit has MR-S11-80-E31 on X axis and MR-S1-80-E31 on Y,Z axis AC amplifiers with optical encoders on the motor shaft and closed loop optical encoders on the ball screws.

Because of the missing disk and out-of-date system I am planning to retrofit the CNC with LinuxCnc and analog output Mesa cards (which I already own).

The problem I have is lack of info regarding the servo drives.
    I did found on the Mazak MR-S maintenance manual an Analog speed input pin but no info regarding parameters, jumpers or other way to enable this input.

Anyone has some info about were to find info about these drives or if it is possible to use an analog input on the servo drives or a way to control them from LinuxCNC ?

Thanks,
    Razvan

Quote Originally Posted by rirazvan View Post
    Hello

I just finished cleaning an old VQC 15-40 produced in 1989 CNC machine after a few years of storage (one in our warehouse) and found out that both backup batteries are not functional. I did reinitialize the Meldas controller and unfortunately found that the system diskette was unreadable(I also tried to read it in a PC with omnifloppy without success).

The unit has MR-S11-80-E31 on X axis and MR-S1-80-E31 on Y,Z axis AC amplifiers with optical encoders on the motor shaft and closed loop optical encoders on the ball screws.

Because of the missing disk and out-of-date system I am planning to retrofit the CNC with LinuxCnc and analog output Mesa cards (which I already own).

The problem I have is lack of info regarding the servo drives.
    I did found on the Mazak MR-S maintenance manual an Analog speed input pin but no info regarding parameters, jumpers or other way to enable this input.

Anyone has some info about were to find info about these drives or if it is possible to use an analog input on the servo drives or a way to control them from LinuxCNC ?

Thanks,
    Razvan
    Hallo,

Where is your Shop?

Best regards
    Stanko

Re: Maztrol M32 Meldas MR-S1, MR-S11 AC servo AMPLIFIER analog speed input on VQC 1

Our workshop is located in Bucharest.

Re: Maztrol M32 Meldas MR-S1, MR-S11 AC servo AMPLIFIER analog speed input on VQC 1

Where you able to integrate the MR-S1 servo controllers with the LinuxCNC/MESA board set up? I would like to do the same.