586,103 active members*
3,304 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Cool Old Gravograph VMX

hi all i'm mainly in the woodworking area, but i was given a Gravograph VMX machine it is the all in 1 with screen & keyboard (non-pc) system. what i want is to set it up to run off a pc and mach3 is there a diy way to do this and the kits seem over the top for an old system. the whole thing is running ok i just wanted to update it to modern software. also have vectric software to use on it.

thanks for any help

Re: Old Gravograph VMX

well it looks like no one has any info to share.... well i will just have to do this my self.. i had to change the old crt as it didn't fire up today, put on a 20" lcd with video in on and away it goes.. what i would like to know has anyone got any info on the VMX ?? i have a basic manual but not much else.. if i don't get any feed back i will prob mod it to a 3 axis cnc and use mach3 & vectrec software with it. i will see how it goes and if i feel upto it may put the conversion info up here. but i will see how much help i get.. so far it ant looking good. (150 views & nothing).

Re: Old Gravograph VMX

ok well here it is.. i have removed the top cover as i cleaned the rails and screws.

also came with used and new cutters

and also has 5 carts as well (as can be seen in above pic).

the only problem was the old amber crt was dead so put an old Philips lcd i had that has video in on it. works fine but is limited to the firmware in the rom's and software in the main board.

but i'm looking at converting to a 3 axis cnc with mach-3 control and v-carve or aspire software as i have both older versions around.

also noticed when apart someone changed the X & Y around as the plugs are labeled both sides.