586,588 active members*
2,557 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > SmoothStepper Motion Control > Ethernet Smoothstepper killing me
Page 3 of 3 123

Re: Ethernet Smoothstepper killing me

Quote Originally Posted by weekend_warrior View Post
    ***SOLVED*** for those that are currently experiencing the same problem as mentioned here I've found the solution. Its actually REALLY simple. When you first install mach3 and/or Ethernet SS you get the error (Emergency Stop not assigned). If you go into (ports and pins) and attempt to change any setting prior to first setting the emergency stop it will lock Mach3 up. Assign the emergency stop in ports and pins, and then click apply, then OK and restart mach3 so the settings are wrote to XML. Once restarted you can then make the appropriate changes needed in ports and pins without it locking up. It's seems that this may be some sort of bug that it you attempt to change any setting prior to assigning the emergency stop once you close ports and pins, mach3 throws a fit trying to recover from not having the emergency stop assigned yet. I've successfully managed to get 062 working using this.
    A good find, I hope this works for these other guys as well

The Estop should always be the first thing that is setup, it also has to be wired correctly through the Breakout Board, I have never seen it crash like described, but I have seen no access to port & pin if it is not functioning correctly, yes I have it running on 062 & 066 with no problems
    Mactec54

Re: Ethernet Smoothstepper killing me

Thanks Alot for posting a fix, it really is nice to have this forum I would likely have ripped all my hair out like Homer having kids in the Simpsons. I will have a go with the new software to see if I can confirm that is in fact the issue. I know I never assigned any e stops because I had wired the estop to cut the 120v from the wall, probably not the safest way to do it as even when hitting the stop the power supply's I am using to power the stepper drivers holds power for about a second after hitting the e stop switch.

Very excited to almost have my machine up and running just need to bolt some MDF and mount my T Slot from INCRA on the top, and I wont dare use the machine on wood without some sort of dust collection.

Page 3 of 3 123