586,096 active members*
3,012 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

HPGL engraver.

Hi, I've got the licensed version of Mach 3 intended for output to the Xylotex 4axis driver board which I will be using to retrofit an old H-Square engraver.

I also am using a Roland CS20 engraver/vinyl cutter which I believe uses HPGL input, - is it possible to drive this machine with Mach 3 also, or is Mach exclusively for CNC?
    Thanks, Will.

H Square conversion

Thought I had found my answer, but looks like no one responded to your question. I also have a 1219 table w/ a bad controller I would like to use for something else. Did you get yours to work? This is an old post and you could be dead by now. Hope not. Any info is welcome. Les Lyons.

I had forgotten all about this question! - the thread is even older now!
    No, I didn't get much joy at all, then I had a few health problems ( which I've now recovered from) and after having canned the project for a couple of years, I have decided to continue ( as a retirement project ).
    I have now got a Geckodrive G540 which I'm installtig in my H Square machine and of course will be using my Mach3 software. - the Xylotex I intend to use for a foam cutter I plan to build later on when my engraver is going.

Maybe you have solved your problems by now and will be able to give me some advice instead!
    Guess it'll be a while before you read this (if ever) but here's hoping, -maybe someone else will be able to answer my original questions too!