586,069 active members*
3,808 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

2 cylinder engine

Has anyone built a 2 cylinder marine column steam engine? I am interested in building one. Any website directions, pictures or plans appreciatedplease reply. Are there any plans available here? Thank you,

Hello you posted in July and I don't see any responses. Did you ever find plans?
    If not I could probably find some for you???:wave:

2 cyl. marine steam engine plans

Hello 40fordcoupe. Like that name. I ran the gambit of 39, 41, 46 Ford Coupes and old 39,48,50 model pickups and I still love the Flathead V8. I have found some 2 cyl. marine plans but would like to see which you have. Thanks for the reply. miniengine

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by miniengine View Post
    marine column steam engine?
    Hello again,
    First, I am not familiar with the term column engine. When I first saw it I was thinking about an open frame engine type engine. In any case I will try and find what you are looking for. I like the "monkey motion" of the open frame engine, but I also like the two cylinder Westinghouse type engines.

And Yes I love the old flat head Ford V8 engines. I have even seen them adapted to the old 8-N Ford tractors. IMHO NASCAR basically got it's start because of the bootleg runners using modified Ford V8 cars racing them on dirt tracks when they weren't running booze.

open column marine engine

OK I have been looking further.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE7_sychdCk"]YouTube- Marine Compound Model Steam Engine[/ame]

Compound engine Model

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIhHrUG0Iig"]YouTube- Open Column Launch Engine[/ame]

Open column engine model

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl-3QE70Xww&feature=related"]YouTube- Elmer Verburg's Open Column Steam Engine[/ame]

Another open column engine

I do not know why anybody would not like steam engines.:banana:

2 Cyl Marine

Thanks for the mov. I made 3 of the little single open column launch engines. They are real easy to make and you can dress them up by knurling, making cylinder from brass or bearing blocks from brass. Have a great day, ray (miniengine)

I made 3 of the little single open column launch engines. (miniengine)
    Hmm, Sure would like to see them are they posted any where?

2 Cyl marine engine

See any recent post of mine on HMEM forum and you will also see it. Ray (miniengine)..I don't know how to attach a picture here. They look just like the youtube open column launch engine you posted.

See any recent post of mine on HMEM forum and you will also see it. Ray (miniengine)..I don't know how to attach a picture here. They look just like the youtube open column launch engine you posted.
    I tried to find your posting without success, sorry

2 Cyl engine

I am sorry about that mess up. My name on HMEM is ironman. You can go there and look under Plans, then look for the post title of Plans for a cam grinder and I made posts on page 2 of that as ironman. Also on MadModder forum under title How Do I?, find Looking for plans. I have posts under name of Ray about plans for same engine. Send me an email at [email protected] and I will send you some pictures of some of by builds. Ray