586,075 active members*
3,967 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > Determination of year of build, DM 4400 with Mitsubishi controll

Question Determination of year of build, DM 4400 with Mitsubishi controll

Hello,

Just bought a used Dynamite DM4400M with Mitsubishi controll / serial no : 30491 (have not got it home yet) I guess the machine is from the early 90's
    but can anyone determine it more precisely aut from the serial no. ? I don't have any original books on the machine or controll.
    The machine should be flat on the backup battery, so i might look for parameter files etc. The machine seems to have pneumatic tool changer arm.
    After a little research i found that the controll could be the M3 type, but was this DM4400M machine ever build with other controls, as long as we are talking Mitsubishi ?

Thanks forward for any help.

Re: Determination of year of build, DM 4400 with Mitsubishi controll

I copied a part of a quote from another thread "Dynas had Dyna's SKIP control. Spindle amplifiers came in a couple different versions during those years. They switched to the Mitsubishi controls around 1992 as they got into the bigger machines. By 1997, they were using their own PC based controls.

Dyna had a kit to retrofit an AMC amplifier to run the spindle on the early SKIP control 4000/4400. You can try callling Dyna to get info. They are in Santa Clara, CA."

Hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by Tywash View Post
    I copied a part of a quote from another thread "Dynas had Dyna's SKIP control. Spindle amplifiers came in a couple different versions during those years. They switched to the Mitsubishi controls around 1992 as they got into the bigger machines. By 1997, they were using their own PC based controls.

Dyna had a kit to retrofit an AMC amplifier to run the spindle on the early SKIP control 4000/4400. You can try callling Dyna to get info. They are in Santa Clara, CA."

Hope it helps
    HI,

Thank you for your replay. it might be between 92 and97 then

Happy new year !

RAC917,
    Congrates on your new toy.
    I don't have any idea on the exact year of your machine, but I also have a DM4400M with Mitsubishi Meldas M3 Controls. I have all of the books.
    I answered a previous post, "Dyna Myte 4400M with Meldas M3 Control. I think the battery is dead". I attached a few files that you will need to fire up your machine.
    Have you ever used one of these machines with this control before? If not, You are going to have A LOT of questions.

Right now I am having problems getting mine to boot up. Good news is that Mitsubishi still supports the controls. Bad news is, it cost BIG $$$$ for hardware repairs.

Email me if you need some help. [email protected] I'm located in the far west Chicago area. Where are you?

Bill Kobernus