586,320 active members*
3,940 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Wurrs my Material library

Wurrs my Material library

Today, spotted a few feed, speed problems in the CAM feature wizzard. Mis calcs and such. Instead of editing at the feature, I went to the matl library to set new defaults. The matl library opened but with no population, no material catagories nor feeds speeds chip loads. The window with two empty panels. Bob seldom crashes V27, and the OS never crashes. Where is the population stored in Bobs directory and how do I link it back.Is it gon forever even the baseline defaults. If so I do have a somewhat personalized matl library from V26.

Re: Wurrs my Material library

I have located the .xml file named material dat. But dont know how to reinstall. The training vid doesn't describe the process only to state it is difficult. Any power users know the process?

The material library is located here:

C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V27\Technology

The default file is named: "MaterialDB.xml"

Material "dat"????? That sounds more like some kind of temp file.... I don't have that. Where did you find this file....

Can you find a file named MaterialDB.xml in your technologies folder? Seems like somehow that got deleted? Do you have a backup anywhere to look for it there?

You can import old ccnd files from earlier versions....

It may be as simple as renaming that file you have to be correct? (If the file is not the correct file, this could cause issues) If you want to zip it and attach it here, I can verify if it is the actual material library and get it sorted out.

You are right! the file is named V27/technology/MaterialDB.xml. it's about 2kb in size. How do I link that back in and how do I know if it my EDITED material file as I cant open it. Currently I Have imported V25 stock material library to "old cutting conditions" which were edited about 4 yrs ago. I also have the original installation discs but I dont think I want a repair as it would be V27v.1 and I dont have support to get the V27v.2 update. If I pull the trigger on V28 4ax pro my edited library would still be 4yrs old.

Quote Originally Posted by LeWhite View Post
    You are right! the file is named V27/technology/MaterialDB.xml. it's about 2kb in size. How do I link that back in and how do I know if it my EDITED material file as I cant open it. Currently I Have imported V25 stock material library to "old cutting conditions" which were edited about 4 yrs ago. I also have the original installation discs but I dont think I want a repair as it would be V27v.1 and I dont have support to get the V27v.2 update. If I pull the trigger on V28 4ax pro my edited library would still be 4yrs old.
    The 2kb file is an empty one. Mine is something like 1.6 mb.... so thats the file that is opening empty.. no linking required. It opens that one.

i dont know how you lost the data in it though....

again, look for a backup of it. Can probably get you a default one back with a ticket, but your custom one will need to come from you. Are there any other files in there maybe with a different name?