586,094 active members*
4,014 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang inverter problem cooling fan does not run

Huanyang inverter problem cooling fan does not run

Can't get Cooling fan to run.
    I have a Huanyang Model:HY-7.5KW 220 3phase. I'm running it on single phase 220. I've got it running successfully using the built in key controller. the cooling fan is not running. the inverter will run for 10/15 minutes then overheats and shuts down. anybody know the parameter number that controls the fan. my understanding is that it should start 5 seconds after the inverter starts the load motor ?
    thanks

Re: Huanyang inverter problem cooling fan does not run

Quote Originally Posted by tenmetalman View Post
    Can't get Cooling fan to run.
    I have a Huanyang Model:HY-7.5KW 220 3phase. I'm running it on single phase 220. I've got it running successfully using the built in key controller. the cooling fan is not running. the inverter will run for 10/15 minutes then overheats and shuts down. anybody know the parameter number that controls the fan. my understanding is that it should start 5 seconds after the inverter starts the load motor ?
    thanks
    There are no Parameter to set the fan for this VFD, the fan may be bad or it has a faulty connection, you don't want to run it without the fan running, check the voltage of the fan, and test the fan remotely, if that's ok, then you will have to take some covers off and check it's connections and where the power is supplied, be careful with the covers off you have very high voltage inside, around 340v DC at the Bus
    Mactec54

Re: Huanyang inverter problem cooling fan does not run

Mactec54, thanks for the quick response. really not what I wanted to hear, but what I expected. . . have a good day