586,051 active members*
3,666 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Torqcut way oil

Picked up a Torqcut 3G this fall seems to be working well, a few questions though, for way oil it calls for Vactra3 or equivalent , most of our newer machines with linear ways use thinner oil, what is everyoNe using ? Also want to change oil in the transmission, what goes in there ? Happy New Year everyone, Jon P.

Re: Torqcut way oil

The oiler on my TC3 states Sunoco 1180. I've been running Vactra #2 which cross references.

When I replaced the gearbox on my TC3 I ordered a gallon of oil from Drisson (bp-parts.com). I don't know if it's listed on the site but when I called them they hooked me up. It was expensive. When it arrived it came in an un-marked container so I don't know exactly what it was.

Thanks for the reply Randy, yea vactra #2 is what it will be I'm sure the metering units are calibrated for it. I found a thread where a guy had taken apart his transmission to change bearings and oil, I may do that not sure, it seems a little noisy above 5000 but I do not have anything to compare it to. I did find the oil its synthetic Mobil SCH 626 about 40-50 dollars a gallon plus shipping. Any more to report on your digitizing? I noticed there are quite a few parameters about digitizing. Good Day. Jon P

Quote Originally Posted by Jonp View Post
    Thanks for the reply Randy, yea vactra #2 is what it will be I'm sure the metering units are calibrated for it. I found a thread where a guy had taken apart his transmission to change bearings and oil, I may do that not sure, it seems a little noisy above 5000 but I do not have anything to compare it to. I did find the oil its synthetic Mobil SCH 626 about 40-50 dollars a gallon plus shipping. Any more to report on your digitizing? I noticed there are quite a few parameters about digitizing. Good Day. Jon P
    My machine was noisy when I got it. When I pulled the motor there was abnormal wear on the pinion. I had to replace the motor bearings and the pinion. The gearbox was still a little noisy so I swapped it out with one that I bought off Ebay Canada and imported, as it was cheaper than buying the new gear set. I'd recommend you call Drisson BptParts.com - Bridgeport & CNC Machine Replacement Parts. They had the gears and recommended a number of gears to replace in the gearbox. There is a photo in this thread: New (to me) VMC - Page 5

I've been using the digitizer with good results. The new mount fixed all my hate. The electrically adjusted radius was the key. I've been using it to find hole centers and it has been dead on.