586,089 active members*
3,965 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

NC Bandsaw issues

Good day, all.

Our shop recently bought a second-hand Delta HFA-450NS bandsaw. It's got a few issues as a result of being used (dead tach preventing NC operation, for one...), and we're working on those fixes, but we're also having some issues due to Engrish manuals and lack of documentation.

One thing that we're finding is that there seems to be no adjustment for clamping pressure in the two workholding vices. It's fine for steel, but it clamps hard enough to mar aluminum and to utterly crush nylon. The dashboard has controls to open and close each vice, and to advance/retract the rear vice, but nothing regarding pressure. The retract/advance button rotates, but it doesn't seem to be intentional -- it just feels like the plastic freely spinning. The vice open/close controls are bidirectional rotating momentary switches, with no other degree of freedom to control pressure or anything else. I'm going to start looking for adjustments in a hydraulic manifold or whatnot while I wait for a response. Hopefully someone here owns a Delta saw, or else saws are similar enough that generic knowledge will do. =)

Secondly, does anyone know the password in the touchscreen to get into the hard factory settings ( sheave diameters, stroke length for the various rams, etc.)?

Thanks al lot for any input anyone might have!

-Jimbo

Re: NC Bandsaw issues

Hi guys I need the same info.Jimbo did you ever find manuals on that delta hfa 450.I think I did find d out the password. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks.