586,075 active members*
4,468 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fagor Automation > FAGOR 8040 MC Z-Axis overrun software limits @ tool change

Unhappy FAGOR 8040 MC Z-Axis overrun software limits @ tool change

I have a CNC mill with FAGOR 8040 MC control. We dismantlement the Z-Axis in order to replace the ball-screw bearings. After assembling every thing we couldn't get the tool changer to operate normally. when trying to change the tool we receive a message that says the Z-Axis will overrun software limits.
    Is there any parameter that can be modified in the Z-Axis parameter list in order to solve this issue or this is part of the PLC program.

Re: FAGOR 8040 MC Z-Axis overrun software limits @ tool change

Quote Originally Posted by caecae_eng View Post
    I have a CNC mill with FAGOR 8040 MC control. We dismantlement the Z-Axis in order to replace the ball-screw bearings. After assembling every thing we couldn't get the tool changer to operate normally. when trying to change the tool we receive a message that says the Z-Axis will overrun software limits.
    Is there any parameter that can be modified in the Z-Axis parameter list in order to solve this issue or this is part of the PLC program.
    Sounds like the z axis position is beyond the software limit. You can verify what the software limits are in the axis parameter table. I wouldn't change the limits, but rather manually (no power to servos so that there is no torque on the motors) move the z axis back within the limits.

Re: FAGOR 8040 MC Z-Axis overrun software limits @ tool change

To me it sounds like by dismantling you changed your home for the Z . You shouldn't be doing that if you don't know exactly what your doing. I wouldn't be able to help you online because I don't know what you have. There is probably a switch it hits on the way up. once it hits that switch it looks for it's home. Now if your home is on the encoder, you might have turned that when dismantling. It could be off by a whole turn. depending on your ball screw the distance could be a lot either way up or down.