587,019 active members*
5,907 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Ebay Scam on X3 Mills?

What do you think? Two separate listings. One day listing, no reserve, no shipping information, no payment information. Same email listed in the body of the listing, but 2 different ebay id's.

Auction # 150072845555 and 130061026240

2 auctions removed but another one went up identical except for ebay id "borrowed" from someone else. This person isn't even trying.
    listing # 150072845555

Ebay Scam

There has been a rash of these on Ebay lately. For laughs and giggles I emailed him at his address and he offered the X3 for 600 dollars. His second email asked if I knew how to send money via Western Union. When I asked him if this was a scam.... he never replied... I wonder why.

I'm assuming they have gotten the users password because it's always a different seller each time and if you look at the previous items they have sold none of them fall into the metal working catagory.

Stay clear but if you have time you can always email them with the address they give and just yank their chain for a while. I've done it several times and it can be quite funny after a while.

David

Quote Originally Posted by keithorr View Post
    What do you think? Two separate listings. One day listing, no reserve, no shipping information, no payment information. Same email listed in the body of the listing, but 2 different ebay id's.

Auction # 150072845555 and 130061026240

It happened to me. The sent out fake e-mails stating that your account has needs to be verified. It looks real enough. I put in my ID and password, though everything was fine. They used my e-bay ID to try to sell a Kabota tractor($15000 item) for $3500. They had a big Font in blue stating to contact them first for "verification". They did the western union thing, and I asked them to send me their e-mail address. Never heard back. E-bay did great and canceled the auction quickly. There are hundreds of these auctions that look just like it.

Wow, the &alls of some people. If we could bring back public hangings, maybe this kind of junk wouldn't happen. They just copied our web content, not even trying to make it unique.
    Direction, Commitment, Follow Through

EBay Scams

I'm Pat, part of the Syil America team and the sole person responsible for putting Syil America things on EBay. If you ever have any doubts email me directly ([email protected]) or my EBay user account Syilamerica ([email protected])..
    I've been watching for these frauds a couple of times a day for the last week. When I find them and let EBay know, they shut them down with 24 hours, often less.
    We take these frauds very seriously. I don't want anyone getting burned trying to buy one of our mills.

I was looking for a used cnc mill, saw one listed with no item location or other information, sent the seller a question, the next day the auction was pulled, the seller wanted me to wire the money. I strung him along for awhile, telling him I had no problem using Western Union to pay him, and asking more and more questions about the mill. (Guess what, it was only ever used to machine plastic and aluminum.) Got him to reply about six times before he realized I was on to him and he quit responding. LOL.

--97T--

PS--
    If you ever list a car for sale online in Auto Trader or the like, watch out for the newly re-employed Nigerian oil scammers. Now their most powerfully agent in high oil industry CEO position has left them a large sum of funds with instructions to expedite most warmly the transaction, as he is dreaming of having this beautifully car in his garage. Etc. LOL.

EBay Scams

Scam is not limited to X3 Mills. My wife's account got hit the other day when someone was trying to sell 12 sets of Golf clubs for over $180.00 a set on her account. We don't even sell on eBay. Was able to get eBay to end the sale before someone bid and won. Also we never go to any links in any e-mail so not sure how they were able to start selling on her account. She found out about it when she got a e-mail stating that her item for sale was listed.

Time to start using strong passwords on your ebay accounts.

--97T--

Quote Originally Posted by PatathomeSittin View Post
    I'm Pat, part of the Syil America team and the sole person responsible for putting Syil America things on EBay. If you ever have any doubts email me directly ([email protected]) or my EBay user account Syilamerica ([email protected])..
    I've been watching for these frauds a couple of times a day for the last week. When I find them and let EBay know, they shut them down with 24 hours, often less.
    We take these frauds very seriously. I don't want anyone getting burned trying to buy one of our mills.
    you should look into eBays VERO (verified rights owner) program.

it streamlines the process of removing these listings

I have , I've also water marked all of my photos and plugged the description with a few lines of "sold only by Syil America". This makes it more difficult to steal, which seams to have worked. I haven't seen a bogus listing in a week. I hope they've moved on to other items.

Just as a heads up.... they are back at it again...

-Jeff

we sell machine on ebay?
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

thank you,but only have x2.hehe
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Look Out For Miller Welders And Gen Welder As Well Seen Some Last Weekend Same Deal One Day No Res.