586,121 active members*
3,083 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Workspace settings

I have a 50 w laser engraver and when we put a 7inch by 7inch wood box in our machine and change the workspace to 7in by 7 in Corel draw and write our text in that box the text is larger than the workspace when it engraves. How do I get my Engraver size to match up with my coreldraw? Please help. Thank you

Re: Workspace settings

I've noticed the same problem. As a part of my Corel file, I'll create a square around the perimeter that I know the size of. If you have a 7" workspace create a 6.5" square. In my laser software I'll Select All, which gives me the dimensions of the outermost lines and change the size to the size to 6.5". In mine, that resizes everything to the correct size. Just delete the lines of the square and you're all set.

-RW

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie2928 View Post
    I have a 50 w laser engraver and when we put a 7inch by 7inch wood box in our machine and change the workspace to 7in by 7 in Corel draw and write our text in that box the text is larger than the workspace when it engraves. How do I get my Engraver size to match up with my coreldraw? Please help. Thank you
    Everything used to work fine until we switched the stepper motors. Now the engraver is not matching the Corel draw program. Does anyone know how to change the setting in the engraver? It seems that the Corel draw program is working fine. It's just not getting to the engraver correct? Ex. I have a 7in box that I want to engrave. I change the paper width and height in Corel draw to 7in. I write my text in that box on Corel draw, put my 7in box in the engraver and hit start. When it starts to engrave the text is bigger and goes off my 7in box. Before installing the stepper motor whatever size I entered in Corel draw would be the size space it would stay in on my engraver.

First step is to see if it is moving the correct distance. I would draw a box say 10 inch by 10 inch in my laser software not Corel and see how big it is. Then go into your user settings and adjust the steps to get it to that size.

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    First step is to see if it is moving the correct distance. I would draw a box say 10 inch by 10 inch in my laser software not Corel and see how big it is. Then go into your user settings and adjust the steps to get it to that size.
    Thank you. When you say draw a box in the laser software do you mean RDWorks? And would you be able to tell me where I would go into user settings to adjust the steps? This sounds like it might be our problem, but I don't know how to fix it. We created a 4in box in RDWorks and it went the entire perimeter of our machine?

I sent you a PM telling you how I get into my settings. My step length is 6.35000 for my lg500