586,116 active members*
3,354 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 3 123

Re: 4' x 6' Steel CNC Router

I'm looking at the C11 board, does anyone have a C11 board/Leadshine set up, and if so do you have any issues ?

Got some work done in the past week! Gantry is all welded up, the Y and Z axis is in place, got the drag chain tray and chain installed on the X. hoping to get the timing pulley assembly built and installed this weekend!

[IMG] photo DSC00100_zpsc1pat2fh.jpg[/IMG]

I'm waiting for the Leadshine drivers and C11 board to come in Whoohoo.

I still have to decide on the spindle and VFD and get it on order.

More picture coming soon!!

Pretty impressive looking. I'm building something very similar using a welded steel frame.

I did find ac servos, hiwin rails and ballscrews overseas for quite a huge savings. Maybe a bit out of your budget but I got 4 750w ac servos, all rails, ballscrews and 3.5hp spindle for about 1800 dollars shipped

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skubajon View Post
    Pretty impressive looking. I'm building something very similar using a welded steel frame.

I did find ac servos, hiwin rails and ballscrews overseas for quite a huge savings. Maybe a bit out of your budget but I got 4 750w ac servos, all rails, ballscrews and 3.5hp spindle for about 1800 dollars shipped

Thanks man!

I got most of my parts from oversea's also, saved a lot of money even though it was in US dollars, I'm sitting at a little over 4,000.00 Canadian right now, that's around 2800.00 USD

Once everything is done, I should be in at around 5500.00

The best bang for the buck was the (4) rack and pinions 22mm x 25mm x 1400mm (4) 25mm x 50mm x 1000mm drag chains and one ball nut housing, total cost was including transport 400.00 US.

Yeah you got a stellar deal as well.

Are you doing anything for resonance in your steel frame? I haven't got my power set up yet but when I move my axis I can hear the steel like tapping it with a hammer. I tried Raptor 2 part bed liner but it didn't seem to help much. I'm contemplating using a rubber sound absorbing spray next but maybe waiting to see what it's like with everything bolted on and the granite work area.

Quote Originally Posted by skubajon View Post
    Yeah you got a stellar deal as well.

Are you doing anything for resonance in your steel frame? I haven't got my power set up yet but when I move my axis I can hear the steel like tapping it with a hammer. I tried Raptor 2 part bed liner but it didn't seem to help much. I'm contemplating using a rubber sound absorbing spray next but maybe waiting to see what it's like with everything bolted on and the granite work area.

Don't have a problem here, I only hear the bearing on the rail when I move the gantry.

Are your axis's moving easily or is there a bit of drag? the downside of the profile rails is if you don't have a perfectly flat surface they could bind up and might be the cause of the noise.

Yeah that might be some of my problem. Should have rest of parts machined early next week when I can align the profile rails etc..

I'm also using a cordless drill for my servo motor at the moment haha. My electrical cabinet is almost done do that I can start hooking up the real motors etc

Been slow going for the past few weeks but I should be back on track in the next couple of weeks!
    Got the control panel completed and tested, very happy with the Leadshine drivers and C11 board.

Attachment 310782

Hopefully by the Sunday I will have the timing belt pulley system completed and installed.

That's looking pretty good. Can't wait to see this running!

Sometimes we have to take a little break......I hate it but life interrupts my man cave time haha.

I'm a little jealous on the electrical box itself. I wasn't able to find something the size I wanted for my setup without spending almost 800 to 1000 dollars so as a paint manufacturer rep, I utilized a storage cabinet. I think it's 32x34x10 and did the panduit etc.

I like your setup for sure. What are you going to use for the working surface?

Got lucky with the panel, found one on Ebay for 200.00

I might use a sheet of 1" black HDPE polyethylene for the working surface but still debating.

Carefull wit HDPE, check out it's melting temp. From memory it's really low, I don't think I'd want a hot cutter anywhere near it.

Quote Originally Posted by matth View Post
    Carefull wit HDPE, check out it's melting temp. From memory it's really low, I don't think I'd want a hot cutter anywhere near it.
    Good point! you are right, the melting point is fairly low, back to the drawing board!

Phenolic could be good I.e. tufnol but it can be very expensive.

Very nice looking! Keep up the good work! Looking forward to seeing some cutting action!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gregoose View Post
    Very nice looking! Keep up the good work! Looking forward to seeing some cutting action!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Thanks man!

I got two out of three pulley brackets made up, little more work than I anticipated.

Machined up the shoulder bolts

1/2" steel plate, would have been nice to have a milling for the slots, machined the pinions to fit the application.

Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel lol
    Slapped some paint on the machine over the weekend, still have to re-assemble the cnc, wire up everything, make the side panels, front drawers.

Hoping I will be able to test the machine by the end of the week!

Been a crazy week, all kind of unexpected interruptions that slowed me down on finishing the machine, but it's coming along, slower that I would like but it can't be rushed either!

Got the tool cabinet, the computer cabinet, side panels and control station completed, still need to mount the timing pulley's and do all the wiring :tired:

The 3KW spindle and VFD will be here by the end of the week!

Got the spindle and VFD in Wednesday afternoon, mounted it to the Z axis yesterday, should have the spindle running today.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160324_181113_zps2qv51irg.jpg   20160324_181241_zpsngxbhluo.jpg  

looking Good

Page 2 of 3 123