586,105 active members*
3,313 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > need help with simple radial groove

need help with simple radial groove

I have a plate in which I need to cut multiple radial grooves in. I would like to cut the groove helically in 1/8" increments down to 1/2" deep. This is probably extremely simple but I can't figure it out. I can get a plunge at each increment using the contour path and depth cuts. I also tried circle mill, but it wants to clean out the entire circle, not just the groove I want to create. The groove width is also the same width as the end mill I am using. I'm using X9, any help would be appreciated.

Re: need help with simple radial groove

Quote Originally Posted by poster View Post
    I have a plate in which I need to cut multiple radial grooves in. I would like to cut the groove helically in 1/8" increments down to 1/2" deep. This is probably extremely simple but I can't figure it out. I can get a plunge at each increment using the contour path and depth cuts. I also tried circle mill, but it wants to clean out the entire circle, not just the groove I want to create. The groove width is also the same width as the end mill I am using. I'm using X9, any help would be appreciated.
    If I am understanding correctly, this is cut similar to a "O ring groove" on the face of the plate ? If so you can use the "contour" tool path set contour type to ramp , set angle to what you want , turn lead in and lead out off. This will give a helical cut going down.

Re: need help with simple radial groove

Sounds like contour with ramp (depth) will do it
    Not sure what u mean about helix

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk