586,058 active members*
4,575 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc Power Mate i-H with Profibus option card help

Fanuc Power Mate i-H with Profibus option card help

Greetings,

I've just recently restored my old power mate i-h controller that was sitting around for a while. It includes a profibus master card in 1 of the optional slots of the power mate controller. I had to clear the SRAM memory due to the battery being dead so I could start fresh. Now I don't have a backup of the SRAM data so I'm working on restoring everything from scratch. My main issue as of now is getting the profibus setting screen to show on the LCD/MDI. I don't see the softkey labeled 'PROFI' in the PMC diagnostic screen as referenced from the PROFIBUS-DP Operator's Manual. I can tell that the power mate controller can read the profibus card in the option slot during boot-up, but it doesn't display the control software that is supposed to be assigned to it. I also checked the system files in the boot screen of the F-ROM and I see that the Profibus 6557 control software is there along with the 6552 software for the profibus master. Could this be related to an issue with the optional 9000 series parameters?

Re: Fanuc Power Mate i-H with Profibus option card help

Yes it is a Fanuc paid option. J858 for the master and J859 for the slave. Also, any and all other Fanuc options all lost as well. You can contact Fanuc with your controller serial number and they may be able to help you restore those settings.