586,103 active members*
3,183 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Fusion 360 post processing
Page 3 of 4 1234

Re: Fusion 360 post processing

that why I keep everything in the personal folder plus back up and the A360 drive, personal folder is on your computer. A360 sinks to the cloud.

just got a reply about getting the wasteful move being removed, they don't understand, and ask if it M3 fault I am going to have to video it
    http://danielscnc.webs.com/

being disabled is not a hindrance it gives you attitude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Daniel
    just got a reply about getting the wasteful move being removed, they don't understand, and ask if it M3 fault I am going to have to video it
    How confidence-inspiring., They must be very experienced.

Cheers
    Roger

the big problem is that when you post, if you are staff or a reseller you get a bit more info than everyone else about the person posting it has if you have pad for the product or are hobby user, the only reason I got a reply, I said that this is for pad user as well.

and a lot of the people on the HSM side are stuck in a box, and won't get outside there comfort zone. the stupidest problem I have come across is when I asked for a wrapping function, no answer from staff the resellers said to just weight to continuous 4th and 5th axis is done or said it can't be done.
    they were very wrong and onces it was done they wanted nothing to do with it, you would think a new function that works would be promoted.

it was done by a die maker.

the cloud stuff is very safe, but if you have no net well that's a problem.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi Daniel

Forgive my cynicism, but to me it sounds as though the real problem you were haiving was that the support staff lacked sufficient knowledge of their own product. It was a technical question they couldn't answer because they knew not - and were too lazy to find out.
    Happens all the time.

Cheers
    Roger

I don't like go on to the HSM forum very much I find it very disappointing, there are a lot of 30 plus year machinist, what must of been trained by some lassey twat, or they are on paper machinists, I have a uncle like that he's a useless sod.

at least on here I get real machinist or highly qualified people by experienced and paper.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What did they do?
    Fire all the guys that got them to this point? I think they think it needs to work the way it is designed now and do not want much deviation. The problem with that is it makes it very specific software. Not versatile at all. For software they are touting as New Age stuff, it needs to do more and the basics is a very good starting point.
    Lee

Are you guys ragging on the Fusion Forum, or the HSMWorks/HSMXpress Forum? They guys that know the CAM side of Fusion/HSMXpress/HSMWorks are on the HSMWorks forum, and they KNOW their stuff, as several of them are the actual developers. I have never once failed to get the answer I needed within hours, if not minutes. I don't think I've ever asked a CAM question on the Fusion forum, nor would I try to do so in the future.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Ahhh. You are missing the point of FUSION,
    Lee

no ragging Ray just disappointment, at the stuck in box attitude by some not all. you are a pad user so they will answer you fast Ray, I am not so I have to weight to someone to answer or just go on and on at them to I get a answer. and some question I ask are basic.
    there are some top notch blocks on there the person who did the wrapping function will be in for the most solutions provided this year.

on the fusion side I don't bother on that forum anymore I got sick off some people having a go over me giving someone in the meantime solutions, to what they need is in fusion. other than the 3 + 1 and 3 + 2 stuff and the wrapping function.

the members if I don't get anything from them that's cool more the staff, the resellers I don't pay them so that's fear that they don't reply.

Lee that's a big problem most people have, they don't get how to use fusion it's different and some thing are just too different for some or they have stuffed up and are under the risk of been fired so they go ape over why can't I do it this way. there is one person on the forum who told his boss it's good to go and it's not if you do DOD stuff

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I absolutely love modelling in Fusion. You can design multiple versions of the same product and just turn off the elements you do not want to see. I am fairly cool with the milling side of CAM. It's the lathe part that I struggle with. I know Adam did a lot of work on the post for the SBL 15. I just cannot get out of the gate far enough to use it. It is obviously my issue and I will keep on trying.
    Lee

I know this thread is a little old but I came across when I was trying to get my first F360 CAM files to work on my machine.

I have a Dynomotion KFLOP and use KMotionCNC and there isn't a dedicated post so I am editing the Mach3 post to work on my machine.

Many people itt had problems with G28 in the start block and so did I. What worked best for me was simply eliminating it. If you open your post processor (in my case mach3mill.cps) in your favorite text editor (I use Notepad++ and recommend it for novices; I also recommend you open the .cps file and Save As something else e.g. Mach3mill_MOD.cps so you have the original copy to revert to when you inevitably bungle something. Don't forget to direct F360 to your new edited file or you will pull your hair out when nothing changes) you can scroll down to: // user-defined properties. (fyi: // comments out code in Javascript, so any characters after // are meant for the user to read and when executing the code it simply skips over //. /* comment */ is multi-line comment) In mach3mill.cps it is line 35. Simply scroll down to the property useG28 and replace boolean true with boolean false.

Another problem I had was there was no way to insert a dwell after spindle start up to give it time to come to speed. (my router spindle takes a few seconds to reach say 20k rpm). I actually had to get some help with this. I had found the onDwell function but didn't know where to call the function with the parameter I wanted. You need to find function onSection() and there is a conditional statement that you need to edit. simply call onDwell() passing number of seconds you want to dwell as a parameter. In my case I use 8 seconds.

if (insertToolCall ||
    isFirstSection() ||
    (rpmFormat.areDifferent(tool.spindleRPM, sOutput.getCurrent())) ||
    (tool.clockwise != getPreviousSection().getTool().clockwise)) {
    if (tool.spindleRPM < 1) {
    error(localize("Spindle speed out of range."));
    return;
    }
    if (tool.spindleRPM > 99999) {
    warning(localize("Spindle speed exceeds maximum value."));
    }
    writeBlock(
    sOutput.format(tool.spindleRPM), mFormat.format(tool.clockwise ? 3 : 4)
    );
    onDwell(8);
    }
    quote tags screw up the indention but you should be able to find the correct if statement with what I gave you above.

I had to edit more of the start block (all of which is in the function onOpen) as Mach calls a G Code that is not recognized by KMotion.

It's a work in progress but I am getting there. Hopefully this helps some people.

Been looking at rewriting CPS file for Mach3 also but found from looking that the LinuxCNC.cps is a better match for mach3 and a far simpler starting point.

I will look into LinuxCNC.cps. I agree the CPS file for Mach3 is difficult to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis_Cannell View Post
    Been looking at rewriting CPS file for Mach3 also but found from looking that the LinuxCNC.cps is a better match for mach3 and a far simpler starting point.
    I had more problems with the Mach3 post.....so I checked out the LinucCNC.cps file. Night and Day. Code commenting is better, much easier to understand, etc. Spent about 3 minutes adding dwell and checking a few other things in the post. Same troubled CAM ran perfect right out of the gate under LinuxCNC.cps.

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    I'm not sure why that POST is not working with Fusion - it works fine with Solidworks, and used to work with Fusion, about a year ago. You can try the attached one instead. It has a LOT more stuff in it, so may be harder to understand/modify. Most are accessible by changing properties in the Post dialog in Fusion.

Regards,
    Ray L.
    Ray,

I just tried your attached post and got the same error...

Information: Configuration: Scott's HSMXpress Post
    Information: Vendor: Santa Cruz Engineering Group, LLC
    Information: Posting intermediate data to 'C:\Temp\1234.nc'
    Error: Failed to post process. See below for details.
    Code page changed to '1252 (ANSI - Latin I)'
    Start time: Saturday, May 20, 2017 12:04:41 AM
    Code page changed to '20127 (US-ASCII)'
    Post processor engine: 4.2.1 41304
    Configuration path: C:\Users\scott.GREENHOUSE.000\AppData\Local\Autode sk\webdeploy\production\99c9231318b944d70af317142f 7dc493a1833b7b\Applications\CAM360\Data\Posts\Nova kon.cps
    Include paths: C:\Users\scott.GREENHOUSE.000\AppData\Local\Autode sk\webdeploy\production\99c9231318b944d70af317142f 7dc493a1833b7b\Applications\CAM360\Data\Posts
    Configuration modification date: Saturday, May 20, 2017 12:01:29 AM
    Output path: C:\Temp\1234.nc
    Checksum of intermediate NC data: b6b94674dcf03b38a3f781e44715655f
    Checksum of configuration: ae12a736886a6f005a715203337286cb
    Legal: Copyright (C) 2014 by Ray Livingston
    Generated by: Fusion 360 CAM 2.0.3034
    Error: Error: Parameter does not exist.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Stack dump:
    ("Parameter does not exist.")@:0
    onSection()@C:\Users\scott.GREENHOUSE.000\AppData\ Local\Autodesk\webdeploy\production\99c9231318b944 d70af317142f7dc493a1833b7b\Applications\CAM360\Dat a\Posts\Novakon.cps:233

Failed while processing onSection() for record 277.
    Error: Failed to invoke function 'onSection'.
    Error: Failed to invoke 'onSection' in the post configuration.
    Error: Failed to execute configuration.
    Stop time: Saturday, May 20, 2017 12:04:41 AM
    Post processing failed.
    Instructional Videos for CNC Guitar Building
    http://www.rmgvideos.com

Scott,

Try the attached...

Regards,
    Ray L.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Scott,

Try the attached...

Regards,
    Ray L.
    That did it!

Thanks Ray!

Scott,

Try the attached...

Regards,
    Ray L.
    Ray,

The post generates GCode now so thats good... However its not inserting tool change commands i.e. M06. I assume its something to do with your ATC so im trying to debug, expect its one of the variables at the top. If you know offhand what it takes to turn on the M06 commands that would be greatly appreciated.

Scott...

Quote Originally Posted by sagreen View Post
    Ray,

The post generates GCode now so thats good... However its not inserting tool change commands i.e. M06. I assume its something to do with your ATC so im trying to debug, expect its one of the variables at the top. If you know offhand what it takes to turn on the M06 commands that would be greatly appreciated.

Scott...
    Ok, found it...

For some reason you had commented out line 305 which was "writeBlock(mFormat.format(6), "T" + toolFormat.format(toolMap[tool.number]));"

I uncommented and it started writing the tool change line. I also had to set mapTools:false at line 43 cause it was renumbering tools. This im sure is for your tool changer.

Any idea why you might have commented out line 305? Anything else to look for?

Scott...

Scott,

I haven't looked at that POST in years, so I don't recall why I would've done anything....

Regards,
    Ray L.

Page 3 of 4 1234