586,655 active members*
2,783 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Which one should I choose, omio x6 cnc or ox cnc kit?

Which one should I choose, omio x6 cnc or ox cnc kit?

Hi everyone,

I'm about to shop for a reliable cnc kit/machine that won't break my wallet.
    I will use the machine mainly for woodworking.

At this moment I have two candidates in mind:

1. OX cnc kit : OpenBuild's OX CNC Kit

plus: it has option for larger bed (750x1000 mm)
    minus: it's a kit and only comes with 400w spindle upgrade

2. X6-1500gt usb (3 axis) : X6-1500GT (3-axis) Woodworking / Metalworking CNC Router --OMIOCNC(Carving-CNC) -omiocnc.com

plus: it has a powerful 1500w spindle
    minus: extra $ 500 compared to OX cnc kit

Which one should I get? Please advise me

Thank you

Re: Which one should I choose, omio x6 cnc or ox cnc kit?

Since nobody is answering this thread, I asked several guys on reddit and openbuilds a similar question.

They all agree that OX build it's not as good as it looks especially in terms of rigidity. That being said, I'll order an Omio unit instead.

I will be interested in your impressions of the OMIO once you've had a chance to run it through its paces. I've been wanting to pull the trigger for a couple years now, but can't seem to get over the price tag. One of my co-workers has a CAMaster Stinger II and loves it, but I can't justify the price of even a Stinger I ($6500). So I've been eyeing the Chinese models and OMIO seems to be one of the higher quality offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by rieu View Post
    Since nobody is answering this thread, I asked several guys on reddit and openbuilds a similar question.

They all agree that OX build it's not as good as it looks especially in terms of rigidity. That being said, I'll order an Omio unit instead.
    There's a decent thread on the Omio X6-2200L around here somewhere which will give you an idea of what to expect. If you can afford the extra for the 2200 instead of the 1500 you get (as well as the bigger motor) decent linear bearings and leadscrews.

Quote Originally Posted by toddler68 View Post
    I will be interested in your impressions of the OMIO once you've had a chance to run it through its paces. I've been wanting to pull the trigger for a couple years now, but can't seem to get over the price tag. One of my co-workers has a CAMaster Stinger II and loves it, but I can't justify the price of even a Stinger I ($6500). So I've been eyeing the Chinese models and OMIO seems to be one of the higher quality offerings.
    Hi Toddler, I emailed omio couple days ago to ask whether they have a model with larger bed. They said they're going to roll out a new model with larger bed called X8.
    X8 series going to have X570 x Y800 x Z100 mm working area. I hope the price is going to be as good as other models they already have.

After thinking for a while, I am going to postpone buying a cnc until late this year. I have to prepare special room for the machine.
    In the meantime I'll work on my solidworks skill.

Quote Originally Posted by dharmic View Post
    There's a decent thread on the Omio X6-2200L around here somewhere which will give you an idea of what to expect. If you can afford the extra for the 2200 instead of the 1500 you get (as well as the bigger motor) decent linear bearings and leadscrews.
    Hi Dharmic, good to see you here. I think I'll go with the X8 instead. Larger bed is a killer feature i cant resist