586,094 active members*
3,747 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hardinge Lathes > Hardinge Conquest 42 troubleshooting - relay clicks on then off; no controler

Hardinge Conquest 42 troubleshooting - relay clicks on then off; no controler

Hello all. Having an issue with our Conquest 42. What is happening is when we press the ON button on the controller, the relay clicks on as usual, but then clicks again and the controller never turns on. We've located it to the MS2 relay. In the manual, it refers to this as the Control ON Relay. Has anyone ever had this problem, or one similar? Looking for advice. Also, if anyone has a contact for a good technician in the southern California area, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Re: Hardinge Conquest 42 troubleshooting - relay clicks on then off; no controler

I'm sure there's a circuit that latches that relay, maybe the e stop, limits something like that. Any overloads popped? There could be any number of things used to latch the relay. Do you have a schematic for the machine?

Re: Hardinge Conquest 42 troubleshooting - relay clicks on then off; no controler

I should add that none of the breakers are popped either. I have the User, Operator, and Maintenance manuals, but none of them seem to have a schematic for this relay that i can tell. I'll keep looking though..

I am having a similar problem with my Conquest 42, nothing. Let me know if you find any schematics for it. I need to start troubleshooting mine. Right now, I don't know where to go...

I would check the fanuc power supply, it has an alarm relay that can be used to latch the power on

If the hydraulics have been run low or there is not enough oil in the reservoir for the pump to come up to operating pressure, the machine won't come up. Make sure the reservoir is full and push and hold the start button for a few seconds at a time. The pump should kick in...
    This is IF the oil is low or maybe the pump is bad...

If you have a +24 volt short in your machine it will do this, it will start to power up and then shut down as the +24 volt circuit kicks on, usually an input is shorting out the +24 volt circuit