586,077 active members*
3,648 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

25 YEAR OLD SHOPTASK CNC

This video is of a machine like the first one I had. It has the CNC system and shows some internal and external threading.

Re: 25 YEAR OLD SHOPTASK CNC

Got one just like it ! almost ready to go, looks like the original closed loop steppers 7amp ! just curious what is driver that you are using, I'm seriously looking at DQ860MA, what do you think?

Interesting that this thread seems to have a least one post deleted due to not conforming with the rules. I found that post informative about the machine he received. However the poster may have over reached with conclusion that all the new machines are like that.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/cnczon...rum-posts.html

Criticism
    Criticism is permissible, as long as it remains objective and does not contain any contents that may damage the business. Subjective criticism that only serves to degrade the person in question (abusive criticism) or injures in a defamatory or depreciative way or contains other illegal contents, is not permitted.

They never seem to enforce the shill account rule. I'll be sure to start a new thread detailing all the problems, bondo, and so on next time.
    We expressly require system suppliers and manufacturers, to reveal themselves by a clear signature and to act NOT with anonymous user accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by n1tr0 View Post
    They never seem to enforce the shill account rule. I'll be sure to start a new thread detailing all the problems, bondo, and so on next time.
    That would be great for the community. Just sticking to the facts on your machine should be within the guidelines. Let the readers draw whatever inferences about other units by themselves.

Blackice,
    I reported the post, because I felt he was trying to hijack a thread by posting something totally unrelated. My reason for posting was just to inform people with older machines that they are capable of upgrading to CNC. Some people cannot bring themselves to act in a rational manner when faced with mechanical issues. When dealing with Chinese products, everyone on this forum is pretty well aware that there is no perfection to be found. Here is a video of a guy who bought a well regarded Chinese machine and ran into a lot of problems, but his reaction is quite reasonable and it probably keeps him on good relations with the manufacturer.

Unless you buy a new machine with a service contract at a much greater cost, I think you have to expect some problems that you will have to solve yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by CAD226B View Post
    Got one just like it ! almost ready to go, looks like the original closed loop steppers 7amp ! just curious what is driver that you are using, I'm seriously looking at DQ860MA, what do you think?
    Cad,
    Sorry your post got lost in all that other stuff that was going on. The machine I had back then was not a CNC unit, I just came across that video on YouTube. But in the video, the guy posts some about the technical stuff. If you do a search on YouTube you can find the original post and send him a message.