Hi guys

I picked up a CPM 3020 machine. These apparently run off Kay or Galaad but I want to run it off Mach3. I`ve only a small amount of experience, I did fully refit a tiny TEP mill to run with Mach and it turned out ok but it was a significantly smaller machine. This machine does power up in as much as the door light comes on (but the door wouldn't open, I had to unscrew the handle to open it) and you can turn the motor on, you can see the motor relay engage but the motor doesn't kick in but I guess this is controlled from the software.

To my disappointment, but as expected, it's an all in one board and all the axis plug into it. The picture is very big, sorry, I will resize asap but I'm on my iPad and it's late

Picture of the driver here:

http://raynerd.co.uk/wp-content/upLoads/image.jpeg

I guess the electronics and large transformer on the right is for the motor or is that simply the PSU for the entire machine.

Does it looks like I've any chance of running with mach3 or do I need to strip the board and start fresh with new drivers. I'd be confident in retrofitting 3 fresh drivers and to be honest, I'd probably have to manually turn on and off the spindle motor via a switch to start with. Consequently, I'd pretty much rip out all the electronics. If I was to do this, is it entirely certain the motors would be ok or would these need swapping, in which case the project has just got massive as it would require a full strip down of the entire machine and not just the electronics panel? Would you keep the board and PSU in situ and just tap into the board for power to run additional motors?

I`d appreciate your thoughts!

Chris