586,080 active members*
3,743 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Amada Coma 567 Fanuc 6M-C controller parameters

Amada Coma 567 Fanuc 6M-C controller parameters

I am looking for assitance with the above machine. The problem began with the machine freezing up when someone accidently hit the start button while the knob was still turned to edit. While it doesn't always lock up the controls, when it does, the usual fix is to turn the machine off than while it is starting back up holding Alter + Delet + Reset to clear any programs stored on the machine.

However from what I have been told if you hold Can + Delet + Reset, it will not only wipe the programs, but the background parameters as well (the PMC I believe they are called) which is what someone ended up hitting to unfreeze the machine. (It's pretty short sighted of Amada in my opinion to make such a devistating command just one button different from something that you might actually need to use on occasion.) While the machine can be turned on and everything can be origined properly, whenever you attempt to run a program it gives the error code "Program 078" as soon as it hits the first line of code.

We have been going on a week now with this machine being down and I was hoping I could find something online to help me fix this myself. I'm guessing I would need to reload the parameters somehow, but finding them is proving to be impossible it would seem. Considering the generally availablity of operator manuals for the machines we have I'm not too hopeful this is going to be resolved quickly. I'm actually not even exactly sure if I have the correct model of for the control console.

The only thing still writen on it is Amada-Fanuc-C. I don't see any other labels on the outside of the machine and I don't have access to any of the keys to look inside at the wires and such. We also have a Pega King 345 with a controller that says Amada-Fanuc-P and there is a sticker on it saying "System 6M" and a Vella II with a controller that says Amada-Fanuc-V and that also has a sticker on it saying "System 6M". Since the controllers look identical to the Coma's I'm assuming that means its a Fanuc 6M-C.

Also if anyone knows how to back up the Parameters from the other 2 machines onto a computer, could you let me know. If nothing else I'd like to at least make sure we have a back from now on of all the machines so we won't have to go through this again.

Re: Amada Coma 567 Fanuc 6M-C controller parameters

i dont have a book handy, but as far as i remember, only 2 buttons at boot really do anything- 3 might be weird as they are matrixed...look in a 6m operation manual(mightbe maintenance) and in the index, look for 'status at power on' or something like that- it will tell you whats needed to clear JUST part programs, just parameter, everything, etc...

if not sure what controller it is, post the big numbers that come n at bootup- might need to let warm up a few seconds then cycle the power fairly quickly, as some older crts wont warm up quick enough to display... should me like M52-**, 902-** or something like that, that is the operating system firmware and can ID the control for sure in most cases... but its probably just a 6MB-2, most common...the only 'C' Ive ever seen was a kitako 6TC, think it ran M40 firmware, but from what ive seen, the C control was usually a tandem mother board/multi axes or multi toolpath type of a beast...

Re: Amada Coma 567 Fanuc 6M-C controller parameters

Please tell me series/version Base software and the type number of mother board. I try to exactly define the model.