So my wife and I decided to take the plunge over Christmas and purchased a 6040z cnc machine. I have some wood working experience and am computer savvy. As part of the learning experience we found out we needed a spoil board which took me about a week to build due to having to order parts (bit and t track). Up until then it worked - just engraving depth were a little off on one side. Once I finished the spoil board we set everything up and started up the machine. When I hit the switch to turn on the pump I got nothing. I played with the cable a little, tried turning the pump on and off a couple of times and still nothing. I then just let it sit with the pump on and everything ready to go. Five minutes later I hear the pump running (I'm in the other part of my man cave). I get the wife, spin up the bit and then go to click on the start button in Mach3 only to find out the mouse locked up. No bigegee that happens so I try to press ctrl-r. No luck. Keyboard locked up, too. So I turned off the pump, sadly, and the bit and got control of the mouse and keyboard again. I went to turn the pump on and again nothing - 5 minutes later after being left on it kicked on again.

Obviously my question is why is the pump all of a sudden taking 5 minutes to start up? We've being playing with the cnc machine for a month and this is the first time we've seen this. Also, is it normal to loose control of your mouse and keyboard when everything's running?

My setup is an emachine PC running XP 32bit, Mach3, SXCNC and the pump is a PDL-201.

I would appreciate any help - thanks!