586,453 active members*
2,909 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > File will not re-open

File will not re-open

Hi folks,

My customer changed the design of a part that i'm machining. So, I changed the design in Autodesk Inventor and saved it in a new folder (revision 2). I then opened Edgecam, opened up the original file and saved that as revision 2. I then reloaded the solid and defined the new features etc, all good, saved and closed the file. Now the darn thing will not open??? I open up edgecam, go to file, open and select the file, the screen goes white and shuts down??

Any ideas please, the job took around 8 hrs to program.

Thanks in advance.

Re: File will not re-open

Sounds very strange. I'd try starting a new file, then use either Insert Component or Insert Part (File menu) and see if that gets something going. If not, perhaps it's related to a problem saving the file. Maybe there's a *.PPB or something that can be recovered?

Here's a link to a topic in the Customer Community Forums with more information on PPB files.

PPB files - what are they? (eSupport Community)

hope that helps

Re: File will not re-open

Quote Originally Posted by LegoCNC View Post
    Hi folks,

My customer changed the design of a part that i'm machining. So, I changed the design in Autodesk Inventor and saved it in a new folder (revision 2). I then opened Edgecam, opened up the original file and saved that as revision 2. I then reloaded the solid and defined the new features etc, all good, saved and closed the file. Now the darn thing will not open??? I open up edgecam, go to file, open and select the file, the screen goes white and shuts down??

Any ideas please, the job took around 8 hrs to program.

Thanks in advance.
    Basically you are screwed. I have this issue many times now and wasted weeks re programming extremely complex parts only for the same thing to happen again. Some of my parts took 3 weeks to program, I then started again and spent another 2 weeks to re do it all only for it to fail to open again. Having used many different cam systems over the last 25 years Edgecam is by far the worst.

The support team do their best but ultimatley the software is too buggy. Good luck in getting it fixed but I suggest replacing it with a better product.