586,104 active members*
3,403 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam X lathe turning question

Mastercam X lathe turning question

Hi All,

I am trying to use mastercam x to use on my cnc 9x20 lathe. Since my version is very old I cannot find many lathe tutorials on how to use it. Actually, I find that there in not alot of information on cnc lathe in general. Can any one direct me to mastercam x tutorials? I see tutorials for the mastercam x1-x7 how different are they from the original?

I also created a turning profile in solidworks and created a dfx file. The part was centered on my sheet when I created my dfx file. When I imported the file into mastercam it was way off the sheet, I manage to get it back in view but it was not centered. Is there a specific way to create the dfx file or to position the part before importing?
    Do I only import the entire profile or only half section of the the profile?

Thanks
    skipper

Re: Mastercam X lathe turning question

skipper,

the mastercam x1-x7 video tutorial you see are the ones i created and yes they cover all the features that are in mastercam X, although their has been many new improvements and new options from x1-x7, most of the main features are the same and you can easily see the difference between the version but if you have mastercam x, the dvd i created will cover all the features in X. Hope this helps.

and it's normal for when you import files to be off and in wrong planes. Part of the tutorial will show you how to adjust a part after importing. the MILL dvd will show importing parts and repairing them as well. I don't believe i cover that in lathe but i do in Mill DVD. Let me know if you have more questions

Moussa Sleiman
    vtpros.net
    630-995-5112