586,069 active members*
3,410 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Lathe with FANUC Oi-mate TD shuts down re-starts on its own while working

Lathe with FANUC Oi-mate TD shuts down re-starts on its own while working

Hi all Fanuc masters,

need help. Got this problem, we got a fanuc controlled lathe and everything seems to be working fine except the fact that after about 1 hour of work, the machine starts to shut down and restarts during work. We don't even touch anything. The funny thing is that sometimes will do 5 pcs and then will shut down on the next one. On the series of 60 pcs made it has shutted own about 8 times. This is quite irritating

if we leave it for half an hour to cool down it will do few more pcs before it will start to restart again during work. We made a movie of the restart. Important thing is that we noticed when it does the restart on the back cabinet ALARM 24 appears during restart process. After it restarts it disappears again. Any idea's what to search for. Can't fin any info online.

https://youtu.be/FdAYg760F-w

thanks in advance for all the support.

Re: Lathe with FANUC Oi-mate TD shuts down re-starts on its own while working

The alarm 24 is stating that you lost communication between the CNC and Spindle amplifier. I saw you were in emergency state but I couldn't make out the top alarm on the screen. Also, verify that the alarm 24 only comes up after you turn off the CNC. You shouldn't see that alarm if the CNC is still on.

First step is to determine if problem is on machine side or control side by monitoring 24 DCV at CP1A connector on Fanuc mother board (right behind LCD screen). Best way is o-scope, second best way is digital volt meter with Max/Min feature to monitor for minimum voltage after control is powered up. If 24VDC at CP1A connector drops out then you have a problem with machine side DC power supply or a loose / bad connection between DCP and mother board. If 24VDC doesn't drop out then you have a Fanuc control problem. The fact that it restarts by itself makes me wonder if the power on push button is stuck on.

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    The alarm 24 is stating that you lost communication between the CNC and Spindle amplifier. I saw you were in emergency state but I couldn't make out the top alarm on the screen. Also, verify that the alarm 24 only comes up after you turn off the CNC. You shouldn't see that alarm if the CNC is still on.

Thanks guys for your input. You're probably right with this DC power supply. We will connect the volt meter and watch the voltage. Will try to trace if there is a voltage drop when it restarts. Will do some checks and keep you updated. Will post shortly, ta

Hi All. I would like to know how did you solve this problem...Could you write your solution about it please???