586,103 active members*
3,531 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: ZK-6090 cnc

ZK-6090 cnc

Hello all,
    about two months ago I bought chinese router ZK-6090 (ZhuoKe). Overall machine works, looks good. The details are made quickly, so some holes are redrilled some threads are damaged and cables are too tight. Am using mach3 for controling it.

But now it started to make strange things... In the middle of the work it looses position. Diferent every time sometimes after 15minutes sometimes after 45 minutes. And not just a few steps but X and Y zero pint is off for even 300mm.
    What could be the cause for that?

It is true that it starded to do this when I starded to use dust collector. But I dont se how this could be dust collector fault.

Re: ZK-6090 cnc

Im new to cnc myself but ive been woodworking for a long time. Sounds like a grounding issue. Dust collectors build up static electricity and could be causing this issue. Not only should a dust collector be well grounded but so should the hoses.

Ok thanks for answer.
    So is it really possible that static electricity resets home position in the middle of work? I would never think thats possible.
    Would the use of antistatic hose also solve the problem?
    I have also check, and I think cnc machine also is not grounded becouse there are only two wires on the main (power) cable-no ground wire. Or am I wrong?

Like i said, im no expert with the cnc. However, the basics of troubleshooting, if it was running with no issues and you made a change, then the change is what should be evaluated as it is the most likely suspect. I do know steppers/servos are very sensitive to electrical imbalances, hence the reason i would think there is a cross talk/grounding issue, especially since it was working fine. I would definitely consider the anti-static hose for your dust collection.

Motors with brushes like those in most dust extractors and also the spindles used in CNC machines are incredible for noise generating, if your machine doesn't have proper earthing, (star earthing, search the threads here, this is one of the most common cnc issues) then all that noise gets fed back into the control circuitry causing havoc with false and misinterpreted signals.

The Chinese 6040's are notorious for the machine acting strange when the spindle is powered up because of bad/non-existent earthing.

You need to clean up the earthing issue before worrying about going to shielded cables.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!

Hi, I have the same machine that I got a sweet deal on second hand. I made the mistake of pushing buttons on the VFD, and now it seems the whole thing is very unhappy. Problem is that I did not get a manual with the machinie. Do you perhaps have a manual for the VFD or know where I can find one?

Quote Originally Posted by EduardTheNoob View Post
    Hi, I have the same machine that I got a sweet deal on second hand. I made the mistake of pushing buttons on the VFD, and now it seems the whole thing is very unhappy. Problem is that I did not get a manual with the machinie. Do you perhaps have a manual for the VFD or know where I can find one?
    Given the variance of VFD's used for these machines, it would be an idea to post the model of the VFD with your machine.

cheers, Ian
    It's rumoured that everytime someone buys a TB6560 based board, an engineer cries!