586,111 active members*
3,724 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 10 of 11 891011
    Quote Originally Posted by lamicron View Post
    Arturo, To change the datum position, are you using laser cut 5.0? If yes you can try : from the software catalogue:

Datum Dir (Datum Direction)
    . It is determined by the position (right or left, up 0r down) of original switch

Luis

Luis,

Thanks for the tip. I made that chance but still dont see any results. I tried sending my drawings but it doesnt want to go to the upper right hand corner nor does it want to engrave.It does cut fine,but when I send something small to engrave it doesnt shoot out any laser. Let me know If you have any more tips.

Gracias,

Arturo.

When you engrave you set speeds up to 200mm/sec, if the laser power is too low, because of the speed it cant burn, then rise the power and try to engrave, be sure the output case is marked.
    Luis

FDA certificate

Hi, pete,

Was the FDA certificate ever involved in your Customs clearing process?

Thanks,

Laser123

When you engrave you set speeds up to 200mm/sec, if the laser power is too low, because of the speed it cant burn, then rise the power and try to engrave, be sure the output case is marked.
    Luis

Luis,
    Now its cutting! I was told to set up the parameters (coordinates) on the laser so that it could know its limits. Has anybody done this? The reason why, is because still off the table. Or they might be something wrong with the controller?

Thanks,

Arturo.

If you dont imput the size of the table its going to hit hard the sides. Sometimes not to say all the times the machines come with wrong table sizes.
    Luis

If you dont imput the size of the table its going to hit hard the sides. Sometimes not to say all the times the machines come with wrong table sizes.
    Luis

Luis,
    Do you know were I can make these changes? I am willing to try anything to get this machine up and running.

Thanks,

Arturo.

Well I fix one thing to find out theres something else wrong with it.
    Does anybody have a clue why I am getting these weird text when all I want it do is cut my name in paper? Is there a text driver or something I didnt load that I should be aware of? I keep getting this weird text thats looks nothing similar to what I am sending.

Arturo,

Arturo, matbe youre problem is some software files missing in the software , try to reinstall it. We say here the 5th software installing is the best.!! If you are using MPC03, MpC05 cards and lasercut 5.0 software you should do it. If windows ask to install the hardware or the software let it do it. I know chinesse manuals says dont let it do, but believe me you have to figth with this software.... you will notice the difference from one installling to the other.
    Luis

Arturo, matbe youre problem is some software files missing in the software , try to reinstall it. We say here the 5th software installing is the best.!! If you are using MPC03, MpC05 cards and lasercut 5.0 software you should do it. If windows ask to install the hardware or the software let it do it. I know chinesse manuals says dont let it do, but believe me you have to figth with this software.... you will notice the difference from one installling to the other.
    Luis
    Luis,
    Thanks for all your help!
    I have been trying different things and for some weird reason this laser doesnt want to cooperate with me. I installed the programs and ran some simple test and see no results. I am running Windows Vista. Do you think that is the problem? Not compatable with the laser programs?

Hi All
    I hope this will help. I have read some where that you might want to turn off your virus blocker and your fir wall before you install your program. I am not sure this will work. Good luck
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ArturoV View Post
    Luis,
    Thanks for all your help!
    I have been trying different things and for some weird reason this laser doesnt want to cooperate with me. I installed the programs and ran some simple test and see no results. I am running Windows Vista. Do you think that is the problem? Not compatable with the laser programs?
    Arturo,

You are right. Till now the MPC05 and MPC03 can not compatible with the Visa.
    We suggest you use window xp system
    JENNY at wklaser.com
    www.wklaser.com

Exclamation RE: - Cheap chinese laser - Mach 3 Conversion.

Hi All,

I Have reciently converted one of the cheep chinese Laser (similar to HK40) Although not branded as such cost about $900 £500 Approx and Inported it to the UK ordered a spair tube for it from the offset incase the tube was brocken in transit (but it was OK) I converted this to run from Mach 3 as the chinese software with the ( DOG- Dongle in english ) is apsolutely CRA* I Have posted on our forum a breif description of the mods I did but if any one has any comments please feel free to ask here or post a comment on the Routout Forum. Link: http://www.routoutcnc.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=17.0

Best Regards

Mike Gaylor

Question desk laser

Hi All,Mike Gaylor
    Do you got the machine from our company?
    Yes. this desktop laser machine can do engraving and cutting both now, becasuse of updated motion cards.

Anybody need this kind machine, please feel free to send your enquiry.

Jenny:rainfro:
    JENNY at wklaser.com
    www.wklaser.com

Co2 Laser

Not sure what company the laser came from it was off EBay. Although they are all very similar.

Regards

Mike Gaylor

I guess this is the way to go! Wish I could do that! Do you have to be a rocket scientist to build something like that? How long did the whole process take? Would you recommend this to a begineer?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by mikegaylor View Post
    Hi All,

I Have reciently converted one of the cheep chinese Laser (similar to HK40) Although not branded as such cost about $900 £500 Approx and Inported it to the UK ordered a spair tube for it from the offset incase the tube was brocken in transit (but it was OK) I converted this to run from Mach 3 as the chinese software with the ( DOG- Dongle in english ) is apsolutely CRA* I Have posted on our forum a breif description of the mods I did but if any one has any comments please feel free to ask here or post a comment on the Routout Forum. Link: http://www.routoutcnc.co.uk/Forum/index.php?topic=17.0

Best Regards

Mike Gaylor

It's actually realy simple, not much to it, If you need any advice please post on our forum as I may miss It here. ( I only pop in periodically ) or you can call me on UK 01269 841230 (8.30 - 7.30 PM)

Regards

Mike Gaylor

Many Chinese lasers look the same, but the performance make big difference. If you want quality lasers with low cost and good servie, feel free to let me know.. I am sure you will get satisfied with our products, and me..

email: [email protected]
    MSN: [email protected]

JackYin

Unhappy UPDATE FIRMWARE MPC 6515

Quote Originally Posted by Strelitzia View Post
    I can't see enough of it to give you an id. Would have a better idea if the cover was off so that i could see some close ups of the chipset.

Looks like a big pcb there..what is the overall dimensions?
    Judging by the amount of sockets on it i would suggest it is more than just the control card in that unit.

Sorry i can't be of more help.

Steve
    Low Cost Lasers

HI, I'm new here. I write from Brazil and need help with my controller MPC 6515.
    I buyed a M500 Cut/Engraver laser machine by RedSail. This machine use a MPC6515 (pic like a site step-servo.com) stand alone controller. When I install the machine (last week) I can't send files to cut/engrave, just move and start the laser. So I read the manual (DSP5.0) that says: 8.1 UOGRADE FIRMWare..... I downloaded the firmware from step-servo.com, save in USB flash disk and pluged directly in MPC 6515 USB port.
    Since this moment my machine is freeze... Just say: SYSTEM STARTING PLEASE WAIT".
    I Think that I do anything wrong when I try update the firmware.. but know I try update again and nothing happen.. How can I fix this? Do you know if exist a jumper or something like this to reconfigure to fabric position? Or a procedure to do for fix it?
    Please help me.

Tks a lot.

Hi Alexandre,

when we set up our machine, the DSP Software was acting so crazy that I did the same as you. After the firmware update we also had more problems than before. Sometimes the machine did not start up correctly, just as you describe.

For you now there are two things to try:

1. Make another attempt with the new firmware (the one you downloaded from step-servo. Just repeat the update process, but make sure not to pull out the USB drive too soon. The Firmware upgrade manual instructs you to watch the LEDs on the controllers mainboard and to remove the USBdrive right after a certain LED starts flashing continuously. BUT: is better to use a USBdrive with built-in LED that stops flashing when download to the board has finished. So you will leave the USB stick in place some 5 or 10 seconds longer. It is impotant for the Firmware to download completely. With a fragmented firmware the controller is not working.

If the machine starts up correctly then with the new firmware, try to download a cutting file to the machine via USB stick. You must replace the DLL in your Lasercut50´s folder with the one that came with the firmware update. Otherwise the controller will not work with your cutting files.

2. If you have no luck with the new firmware, reinstall the older firmware. I think there are not too many versions around.
    You most likely tried to upgrade to firmware V4.1.00.
    Have a look at your MPC6515. If it is labeled V4.00.15 it is the same as mine. I could send you this older firmware version on monday.

For me the older firmware is working better with the machine, however the Lasercut50 remains a mystery to me.

If hope this helps you.

Stephan

I need more help...

Hi Stephan,

I'm very happy to find another buyer of M500 MPC6515 V4.0.0.15... I'm not alone in the world!!!!!
    I try to do wgat you say, but nothing happend, please send me a iso of your pendrive (what kind of files I need to save ? *.FMW *.HDW *.DLL ???? I try just FMW, just HDW and HDW and FMW togheter and nothing happend. I think that I don't know what to do.

Tks for your help, and please send me the correct file.

Quote Originally Posted by smoe View Post
    Hi Alexandre,

when we set up our machine, the DSP Software was acting so crazy that I did the same as you. After the firmware update we also had more problems than before. Sometimes the machine did not start up correctly, just as you describe.

For you now there are two things to try:

1. Make another attempt with the new firmware (the one you downloaded from step-servo. Just repeat the update process, but make sure not to pull out the USB drive too soon. The Firmware upgrade manual instructs you to watch the LEDs on the controllers mainboard and to remove the USBdrive right after a certain LED starts flashing continuously. BUT: is better to use a USBdrive with built-in LED that stops flashing when download to the board has finished. So you will leave the USB stick in place some 5 or 10 seconds longer. It is impotant for the Firmware to download completely. With a fragmented firmware the controller is not working.

If the machine starts up correctly then with the new firmware, try to download a cutting file to the machine via USB stick. You must replace the DLL in your Lasercut50´s folder with the one that came with the firmware update. Otherwise the controller will not work with your cutting files.

2. If you have no luck with the new firmware, reinstall the older firmware. I think there are not too many versions around.
    You most likely tried to upgrade to firmware V4.1.00.
    Have a look at your MPC6515. If it is labeled V4.00.15 it is the same as mine. I could send you this older firmware version on monday.

For me the older firmware is working better with the machine, however the Lasercut50 remains a mystery to me.

If hope this helps you.

Stephan

Page 10 of 11 891011