586,080 active members*
3,526 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > SURFCAM 2002 Tool Library Issues

SURFCAM 2002 Tool Library Issues

Hello friends and colleagues. I've been a Mastercam user for the last decade, so you will have to pardon my ignorance. I recently started at a new shop that is using Surfcam2002plus... it's painful, but for the most part it does what we need it to.

The main problem I'm having is adding a simple tool. It seems insanely overly complicated. I've read the manual which has pointed me in several directions with no clear cut answers. I've tapped into the SPostcfg (post processor) for answers and I feel I'm getting close. I also had to find and install Windows Access software so I can create a new tool table. I'm still unable to tie it all together and add a tool.

It's relatively simple for me to create a new tool and define it under the main Parameter setting box (see the first photo) The main problem lies when I go to post the code. In the Surfcam NC Operations Manager it asks you to, First select which type of machine you'll be using (ours is 5th-axis) no problems there. Next select which tool you will be using. We only have a few tools to select from (see second photo) No matter what I do I can't seem to add a new tool to this library.

I've also verified that Surfcam is generating the code based on both tool selection options. If the diameter of the tools don't match the code is flawed and incorrect.

Please Help & Thank you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TOOL TABLE 2.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	304688

Attachment 304686

Re: SURFCAM 2002 Tool Library Issues

In your second pic, under the 5 axis dop down menu, should be your machine list or posts. You need to add the heidenhain post to this list under "add a post" in the "post menu utility" or "post menu wizard", which is found in the start menu/surfcam 2002/surfcam 2002 tools.

In your 1st photo, it looks like your are making custom tools correctly!

Surfcam has changed a bit since 2002, especially the way the posts are setup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tool.png   opmanager.png