586,117 active members*
3,424 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Router 0/1 with solid state relay

Router 0/1 with solid state relay

I have recently bought the solid state relay pictured to turn off/on a Trimmer(240v 850W). I believe I require a resistor across the DC in and a capacitor off 1 of the AC outputs? If so what woulfd be a suitable resistor and capacitor? I am using the HobbyCNC board and MACH3.

Your help will be appreciated

Liam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails relay.JPG  

Not sure where you got the info for resistor/capacitor etc.
    The SSR should not need a resistor to the DC input.
    They typically require 8~20 ma DC input to turn on.
    As long as you can supply this at an input of 3 to 32vdc then it should turn on.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks Al. I was hoping that was the case.

I was a bit confused when I saw a PDF on the HobbyCNC file section showing a diagram with a 2.2K resistor across the input and 0.68uf 450V capacitor on 1 of the outputs for 110V mains.

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Liam:cheers:

hey bigz,

Did you ever got the relay sorted out, i have a very similar solid state relay to the one you have with the same ratings, using the hobbycnc board as well, also i've viewed that same pdf file which shows to add a resistors & cap which has me a little puzzled, shed some light here if you can.

Jordan.

Yes I did get it sorted Jordon(Please excuse the laymen instructions below as they are pasted from a post on another forum.)

Using the routers power supply(driver board requires a seperate power supply) connect live wire to terminal 1 neutral direct to router(in my case I have a socket in between so I can disconect my router from driver case and an earth connected . The live from the power supply can then be attached directly from terminal 2 to the router(In my case I have put it through an Emergency stop first rated at 600VAC 10Amps.)

To activate the Relay a wire is connected from any of the pull up pins on the driver board(numbered 11-15. The pin number is latter configured in the software(I used No 12)) to terminal 3 (positive) terminal 4(negative) wire is connected GND.

I have used the pull up pins to stop the machine via the e-stop using the other terminal rated at 240 VAC 3 Amps. Used number 10 terminal and the GND(all limit/homing switches,relay etc must connect to a pullup pin and terminate at GND). The disadvantage with this setup is it relies on the software not failing(But at least the spindle will be off).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails relay2.jpg  

Thanks bigz1,

I think this is as detailed as needed to anyone for future reference, a heck of a lot easier connecting via the pull up pins on the board, i overlooked that one, i look forward to working on this later.

ok i've got the relay done up in a box and stuff, all i need now to do is figure out how to set it up in the software, (mach's demo for now).