586,113 active members*
3,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

Super X3 at Grizzly

The paint is not even dry on the HTML description : )
    http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0619

I wouldn't trust the botched specs. There is info about the Super X3 elsewhere.

That f-ing figures. As soon as I get my x3 in house, this SON ***** shows up.
    When all is said and done, more is said than done.

I can;t stop thinking about this. Those a-holes assured me that there was no other products coming down the line any time soon.

Bryanrabb, The X3 does have more "features," but you are on CNCZone, correct?

You probably know this, but it might help to hear it: If you don't CNC the machine, the timing may seem unfortunate, but the tilting head and digital depth indicator might not help you much if you are CNCing your X3. The $300 price difference might get you a stepper motor or two.

Sadly, I have X3 at my house, at all.

Those specs are off a tad. It says shipping weight 5880 lbs. Could be tough to wrangle around a garage.

WOW 41" swing that is amazing for such a small machine. I guess thats why it is so heavy! Seriously what is the swing on this machine? above that it says 18" swing which still sounds way off. I am considering getting one of these and selling my rf-31 after 5 years of owning it because I hate the gibs and the round column doesnt help either.

Now that it's got a tilting head, I might just buy one....

The have specs.
    http://www.superx3.com/

I sent an email asking if they truely have them.

CSR says they are not due in until early February and will then require QA (no idea how long that is.).

I can dream....

George

Wow, this is pretty neat. I remember when all the fuss about a group buy was going on! I got my X3 on June 13 of 2006, ordered June 8. It is sort of a bummer, but not much. The only reason it is a bummer is because I like to have the newest thing .
    In actuality, there is nothing that the SUperX3 offers that will make it any more useful when it comes time to CNC. I won't be using a tilting head ever on my CNC setup, or a tapping feature. I doubt I will ever use the quill either.

I really like how the motor is completely inside the head though, it might be worth it just for that if I was to do it over. The extra HP is nice, but the fact that the already skimpy 2000RPM max got lower stinks.

if you call, ask if they have them at any whse? Sometimes they tell you they don't have stock, but what they mean is that they don't have stock at your regional whse.

GO COCKS

If your interested, check out the Syil site. www.syilamerica.com
    Syil has Seig make some really nice improvements like ball screws and integrated cnc contoller. the z axis stepper is inside the housing and such. they also list the spec's.

vr/rik

Unhappy Backorder continues for Grizzly SX3

I got an email back from a querry I sent today regarding my Grizzly SX3 G0619 order that was placed on December 27th.

"We appreciate receiving your order. After reviewing your order, I am showing that the G0619 is still currently on backorder until approximately the 23rd of February."

They originally said early February. I saw a post or two within the last few weeks saying mid February. Now the "official" response is indicating end of February.

Well, I hope I get it before summer.

I emailed grizzly today about the super x3 and got this response, mind you have I have not ordered it yet. Now I am very bummed and may just order a regular X3. I don't have the money for the Syil and they are getting more expensive by the minute.

Dear Mr. Welvang,

Thank you for your email dated February 9, 2007.

We appreciate your interest in our products. The G0619 Super X3 Milling/Drilling Machine is currently on backorder and is expected to arrive in our warehouses approximately the middle of June. Please note that this date has not been confirmed from the manufacturer. The current price of this machine is $1,295.00 with shipping and handling of $93.25.

If you would like to place an order and have this item placed on backorder, we can place it for you and have you call our Order Department to give the form of payment. If you would like to do this, please forward your name, address, and phone number. We will then email an order number and instructions for you to call with the form of payment. If you prefer, you may call our Ordering Desk at 1-800-523-4777 and press option #3 to speak to an operator to place your order. Operators are available from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm Eastern Time Monday through Friday, and from 8:30 am to 6:00 pm Eastern Time on Saturday. With backordered items, once the item is available, we will process all of our backorders first and your credit card will not be charged for it until it ships.

Rest edited out......

If we may be of any further assistance, you may contact us by email at [email protected] or you may call our Order Desk at 1-800-523-4777.

Sincerely,

Carol

Customer Service

Grizzly Industrial, Inc.

EN#872

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 10:56 AM
    To: Customer Service
    Subject: lead time on G0619

I am considering purchasing your G0619, could you tell me lead time for shippment to 53095(with a dock), and what freight service that would be through. Also if I were to order any small items(collets) would they ship with this item or not.

thank you

Chris welvang

Do what I did:

- cancelled my Grizz SX3 order (placed on 26th of Dec, cancelled 3 weeks later)
    - ordered X3 from HF (do call them up to make sure it is still in stock)
    - got it 10 days later

If one intends to CNC convert SX3, it pretty much negates
    all of it's extra features, as compared to "regular" X3.

HF's X3 is bit-for-bit identical to Grizzly's. Same EVERYTHING, but paint

Quote Originally Posted by rashid11 View Post
    Do what I did:

- cancelled my Grizz SX3 order (placed on 26th of Dec, cancelled 3 weeks later)
    - ordered X3 from HF (do call them up to make sure it is still in stock)
    - got it 10 days later

If one intends to CNC convert SX3, it pretty much negates
    all of it's extra features, as compared to "regular" X3.

Good for you! THe only thing that I find very attractive about the SX3 is the head. I like the setup where the motor stays inside the head. How you can spend 300 dollars on ballscrew

Quote Originally Posted by rashid11 View Post
    Perhaps HF's ad copy needs updating, put the scary part is if they had a few old short-tabled machines kicking around. You could probably return it, but it's 300 LBS.

To be picky, I like the red paint better.

I online chatted with Hf the same day of my email from grizzly they did have there version of the x3 instock although they were in limited supply, I have seen many reports of there dimensions being wrong and they are selling the larger table now. All things the same I would get it from grizzly as it wil be cheaper by a few dallors and they are much easier to work with if there is a problem. Its $1043 from grizzly and 1049.99 from HF(read the fine print).
    Grizzly confirmed they had it(G0463) instock and would arrive in 3-5 days to my zip with a dock. HF I would imagine takes at least a week, and if there is a problem I have heard instances of over a month to get replacement parts, I don't know what HF's warranty is but grizzlys is 2 years.

As for the differences, I know that the super X3 has a BLDC motor(appears to be 4 phase), which is a vast step up over the brushed DC motor that comes on the regular. This is why it can go into tapping mode so easily, and has very good torque at the low end. The tilting head for most people is not really usable(the part would have to be very odd shapped), I don't think the depth mic is of much use since most people don't use the spindle. The tach is a nice feature, and the rear column does not have the gas strut anymore, not sure if that applies to the regular X3 also. My 2 cents at least.

Also
    If any one cares the new lathe that Grizzly has the G602 (10x22)will be on b/o untill march 3 and HF is out of there 8x12(8x14 lathe error again in publishing) they appear in all rights to be cousins, the HF being only $489.00 shipped to the lower 48 and G602 around $1050.

reagrds
    chris

I purchased my X3 early june of 2006 from Grizzly, it did not include a gas strut. I actually just installed one to give my Z axis motor a helping hand. There is a tapped hole on the back side of the head, which I believe was originally for a gas strut mechanism.

Do you loose much travel by having that back in there? I have seen and thought about just using a dead weight and pulley.
    Chris

Page 1 of 3 123