586,409 active members*
3,009 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: need a trick

need a trick

Looking for "the" answer. This is to be used on a Haas Mini Mill.

Objective: to hold spindle stationary, but to use the X,Y and Z axis to cut with auxiliary electric spindle. Want to use post generated by SurfCam to control table movement.

Tried: M19 "spindle orientation" inplace of Sxxxx M03.
    Movement OK till "Can" cycle line. Then error 186 basically stating spindle not turning.

Just trying to avoid having to long hand write a program without the can cycle because in hole drilling a peck of 2 tenths for .110 deep is needed, muchless the profiling required.

I know it's the can cycle stopping me, however I have seen a Fadal and a large Taiwanese mill do this very thing with a auxiliary spindle.

Any help will be very much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hi KBW,

Where does this auxilary spindle mount? Does it mount in the main spindle or somewhere beside? Sorry, I've never seen one used or mounted.

I don't suppose you can fool the machine with an S0 M3 command either? Does your canned cycle use synchronous feed per rev?
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

KBW, One way might be to use a hardware method to fool the control that the spindle is running, I assume this aux spindle is an add on?
    Depending on what type of spindle drive/motor combination you have would depend on how the machine senses the spindle is running, on a DC or AC drive there are usually a minimum of two contacts Zero Speed & Up to Speed, or if it is a standard induction motor it may be as simple as a contact on the sp contactor.
    Either way, if all alse fails you may want to identify these signals and fool them by opening or closing the relevent contacts manually. This is not fool proof so proceed with caution.
    Al

Hung & Al thanks for your replys. No a "S0 M03" will not do it as the minimun speed for spindle is 10rpm. As for the contacts if I wouldn't even know where to begain. Thanks ya'll in the Great White North.

which canned cycle are you using? Is it a drilling cycle? If it is a pocket or drill cycle this could easily be programmed from a cadcam package thus avoiding the canned cycle routine enabling you to use m19.

IMO, you could create a macro with the same functionality as any drilling cycle.

It's not too hard, go for it...
    I don't know how many holes you have to drill so it could be tiresome coding all the positions... I'll bet there would be a way around this as well.

Check out your Haas documentation on custom macros...

Sounds like fun,
    Scott_bob

Hi,

In Fanuc 0 Model B - I want to know the custom macro External output commands (DPRNT, BPRNT, POPEN, PCLOS) are there or not. In our machine custom macro (G65P..) is working but when it executes POPEN or any other external output commands it gives an alarm 113 (Improper command). To enable this any parameter is required?

Pl help