586,852 active members*
2,295 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Re: Bridgeport Clone CNC Z Axis. Please help!

I asked DMM about this and they said there is not an error for over torque. They said that pretty much if it over torques it overheats and throws that error.

I have tried well over a dozen different settings on the drive based on DMMs suggestions. I also tried Mactecs' settings all to no avail. I have verified that the motor parameters are correct through DMM and they have verified the firmware on the drive.

The gearbox is ready to go back together and the input shaft that needed turned down will be done today. With any luck I should be able to test it out tomorrow and see where it stands.

VMAX, Could you tell me about the bug in Mach with canned cycles?
    Necessity is the mother of all invention (unknown)
    My club home page www.lhmac.org

Re: Bridgeport Clone CNC Z Axis. Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by rcpilot82 View Post
    I asked DMM about this and they said there is not an error for over torque. They said that pretty much if it over torques it overheats and throws that error.

I have tried well over a dozen different settings on the drive based on DMMs suggestions. I also tried Mactecs' settings all to no avail. I have verified that the motor parameters are correct through DMM and they have verified the firmware on the drive.
    The drive setting may have even been correct at some stage,they have adaptive control, so you only need the setting to be close, and the Drive will set to suit the load, but having the electronic gearing set at 4096 Default,was not going to help, 500 and you would of had some steps/per to play with,If the steps/per ,Velocity & acceleration were off, it's was not going to go anywhere

From Dmm PDF manual as you can see the 4096 is best used if you are using Analog, Position Control, You are using Step/Dir, so 500 is the best setting for your electronic gear setting, this may be able to be changed with using the Gear Box, but still most likely will be best set at 500

Gear number (Gear_Num) is set from 500 to 16,384, default value is 4,096. Gear number provides an
    electrical gear ratio: 4096 / Gear_Num, from 0.25 ~ 8.192. For example, if Gear number = 4,096, then
    16,384 input counts from pulse will turn motor exactly one revolution. If Gear number = 500, 2,000 pulses
    will turn motor one revolution. Gear number parameter is only applicable to position servo mode.

So what kind of steps per did you have set with the 4096 setting
    Mactec54