586,576 active members*
3,522 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 15 MA control Display Problem
Page 1 of 2 12

Fanuc 15 MA control Display Problem

Hi all

I purchase HMC Makino MC 50 with Fanuc 15 MA cnc controller.

After Power ON. Power supply work normally. All DC voltages are OK on test pin besides power supply.
    But there are no character display on 14" Color CRT. Only green color blank screen. No Alarm on display.

LED Status On all PCB:

Attachment show you all LED Status

Please guide me after study of LED Status.

-Bhavesh

Re: Fanuc 15 MA control Display Problem

The first thing that you need to do is remove all the boards (Even power supply) and re seat them. The 15MA was prone to poor connection. Do not remove and cables if you can help it. NEVER remove the white connector on the Base 0 board that goes to the battery backup as you will lose all memory. If that fails then remove all cables EXCEPT the white one and see if that changes the status lights.

Sir,
    I have already do that. I have already check connector connection with Base.
    I have already do this thing one or more time but all the time LED status remain same.
    I want to know which hardware can affect display.
    After removing all cables LED status will remain same.

First, I have never heard of a problem with the 96 pin Honda backplane connectors. The problem is most likely (but not certainly) in the graphics board.

Hi,
    Thanks all for your reply.

Thanks memoryman for your reply but I have Graphics board (A16B-2200-0160) spare with me.
    I have already replace it & check it but no result. conditions remain same.

All GREEN LED on Remote Bufferboard, Graphics Boards, Base 0 Board, Base 2 Board state that CPU on all boards are in STOP Mode.
    One RED LED(LED 1) on Base 0 Board state that Malfunction in One of the module on F-BUS or Axis BUS.
    One RED LED(LED 1) on Base 2 Borad state that Parity Error generated due to shared RAM(on Base2) between CNC CPU and SUB CPU.

All above information are given in Fanuc 15 M Maintenance Manual for version A.

How can I diagnose that which module is faulty?

please guide me.....

The easiest is o swap boards with known good ones; if you have another control to swap with is best.
    We have the ability to test boards, but the control is stand-alone: no motors or drives.

Dear All,

I swap Base 0 board & display finally comes up. Means Base 0 was defective & after replacement display becomes ready.
    But there is a Alarm : SLOT02(011D) : ROM PARITY on screen. This comes when i start machine in normal way.
    Still I didn't load any parameter.

But if i start m/c with pressing 7 & 9 then everything OK & IPL comes with six option. but 99 + input didn't work. So, what next?

So, Please guide me.

On the 15A control you have two methods of inputting the option parameters:
    '99' input from IPL, you need the 24 digit password.
    input all parameters including options through the serial port:
    Exit IPL screen by pressing <6> and then <INPUT> on the MDI keypad.
    You will see many alarm messages because none of your parameters have been entered. Ignore these alarms.
    Press {<} key twice.
    Press {SETTING} key twice. This will give you the SETTINGS(SETTINGS) SCREEN.
    Press <PAGE UP> on the MDI keypad. This will bring up the 8000 parameter on the screen.
    Press <1> on the MDI keypad.
    Press soft key {ON:1}. This turns ON all of the bits in the 8000 parameter.
    Press {<} key and then press {SERVICE} soft key.

YOU ARE NOW READY TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR PERSONAL COMPUTER TO INPUT PARAMETERS.

Sir,
    I Have already execute following procedure mentioned in your earlier post.
    I input 99 then
    input 1st 8 digits 23678625
    input 2nd 8 digits 37264699
    input 3rd 8 digits 19261161
    after that

option 1
    option 2 & so on. I have already enter all the option parameter in Hexadecimal form.

then asked for clear file ?
    I put "Y" then clear message show on the screen
    IPL screen come again then I input 6 & exit IPL

But ROM PARITY come again.

I put all the screen shot from starting to end.

Please study my screen shot, where i enter all option parameter and then exit IPL. But then also ROM Parity Error.

SLOT 02 (011D) : ROM PARITY.

I want to know this Error is due to Hardware fault or Software (like parameter or another setting).

Please guide me...

It looks like a bad ROM chip on the BASE2 board. To be sure exchange the board with a know good one; Show a picture with the alarm please.

Sir, Thanks for your help & guidance.

Now, My problem is solved. There was a connection problem between DIDO & Main BUS. Fibre Optic cable between Main BUS & DIDI was connected in wrong port. When I changed port alarm was cleared & normal screen was displayed. Now, I am entering parameter.

After completion I will contact you.

Thanks once again for your help.....

Hi,

There is a A/D Converter Unit of Mitsubishi make between CNC & B-Axis Scale. Unit Type is ADC-D-04 of Mitsubishi Make. This unit is totally damaged & i want to replace this unit.

Can I replace this with ADB-04D12 ?

How type no. work that i Don't know.

Please guide me.

Hi,

I have already enter parameter from N0000 to N9147 perfectly.

How to enter parameter N10000 to N10767 ?

How to enter Macro Program?

Please give procedure to do so.

-Bhavesh

parameter N10000 to N10767 are pitch error compensation. You can punch them if you select 'ALL' in the parameter punch screen.

Hi,
    My Makino MC 50 with Fanuc 15 MA control HMC.
    Now all the Axis X, Y, Z & B are in working contion & all axis reference possible.
    But I can't rotate spindle. If i will give command S200 in MDI then greeen led of cycle start becomes on but command not end. After some time it will give spindle alarm.

At the time of starting there is only one Machine Alarm that page i attached here.Please see the page detail & kindly help me to start my machine fully. If spindle start then everything will be OK.

Please help me.

-Bhavesh

It seems to indicate a problem with LS70 (Limit switch 70?)

Dear Sir,

I have already check signal up to Fanuc IO (Yellow Box) connector. There are four limit switches LS70, LS71, LS72, LS73 to identify the tool arm position. I have already check that four limit switches work properly & their signal reach up to Fanuc IO Connector. But E/A Table bit representation is wrong means not as per limit switch position. Currently only LS70 limit switch is in operation & remaining all switches are open. But E/A table bit for LS 70, LS71 & LS72 are 1 & LS73 is 0. I see E/A table in PMC page. I mean to say that according to limit switch postion bit pattern is different. So, please tell me what is the problem.

Guide me..

-Bhavesh

It is possible that the actual i/o board is defective.

Dear Sir,

I have already interchange Fanuc IO board (yellow Box) but problem remains same. I have already replace Fanuc IO base board with another one.

Page 1 of 2 12