586,094 active members*
4,177 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > milltronics vm20 8200 control

milltronics vm20 8200 control

hi there i have a vm20 with a 8200 control with a cts unit that i am not using right now. trying to get the machine going and keep having a in feed hold message executed due to low pressure in the flood tank. again the CTS unit is not connected and the parameter (556)is set to "none". there is a float connected to the main coolant sump tank that has a wire from it going to the control in the same process as the auger , washdown, and flood wires do. could this wire be bad not sending the signal that there is coolant there? this is a good thing to have im sure when using the CTS as other problems can happen due to low levels but not using this is there a parameter to ignore the alarm or switch or......whats up? any help with this one? thanx

Re: milltronics vm20 8200 control

The CTS systems that I have worked on can be fussy about having all the float switches functioning and properly adjusted

About the best I can do for you is to attach this manual:

Thank you for te manual. The one I have was not tat thorough. I'm not using the pump. I just got machine and trying to start it up and decided to not use it at this time. Had a lot of set backs staring up and avoiding others when I can. If I can trouble you again, I can run the machine without it? Right? is their damage to the spindle if it's not used? The parameter 556 is set to none and the unit is not connected to the machine at all but I'm stil getting that alarm. All of the sudden I am now unable to access Proto3. The button won't light up and flickers when the button is pressed. Might be calling repair guy.

no, it will not damage the machine if you don't have it. That manual tells you everything you need to know to bypass any or all of that should you have to. Pretty sure it is a sourcing machine you are working with, but you need to verify that. you should be able to put a few simple jumpers in to fake the control out. I have a feeling there is something you are missing though, you shouldn't have to do that.

thank you for the info. a lot of good info and people here. im unsure what is meant by a sourcing machine. probably missing a lot. i had no idea that the machine came with a cts.

Sinking means that control signals are sent to ground, grounded out. Sourcing means that 24V signals are sent back to the control, externally "sourced". They changed everything over around 06' from sinking to sourcing. I try never to assume with electronics, but your machine is probably sourcing since it has the 8200 control, but that is not the rule, I have a VM-16 from 05' with 8200 control that is sinking, but it came out with a Cent. 7 new.

and this could be part if not all of my problems? im getting drive faults also. im not great at all with electrical. looks like im going to have to call someone. i work during the day for corporate so its even harder for me to get it fixed. or stay there and test everything. i really thank you and everyone for the help. glad i signed up here.

i just found out my electrician wired it 208. what does that mean for the situation at hand?

HI Magpie, You can PM me with your # and I will call you or I can give you my # and you can call me. oh get you machine serial # as well. so I can match up wiring diagrams.

Sportybob