Ok we have been having some tool change issues but they where intermittent but last week we went down It wouldn't do a change with out getting a servo overload alarm because the tool was dropping about 1/2 inch before the tool arm got to clamp/unclamp.
I found that when I moved the tool arm in recovery that soon as it moved down from the tool change position that the arm had about 1 1/2 of play in it, So i jump up on top and pulled the covers and I could see that the Cam box pulley was moving up and down. Called haas and they thought the cam followers in the Cam box went bad and told me to have the cam box replaced. Me not wanting to spend the 4500 just for the Cam box I pulled it off and open it up, The shaft that the Cam box pulley is attached is ACME thread that drives the Cam to do the tool change, its inside a housing with 2 bearings and a Nut that locks it all it. The nut cam loose and wrecked the bearings and Races. replaced the Bearings/races and put some lock tight on the nut and put everything back together. got the SMTC back on and the alignment done but it still dropping the tool about 1/2 or more before the arm gets to the clamp/unclamp if i run it at 100% with the doors closed it works sometimes but at low speeds its not cutting it. Would a bad drawbar cause this? or a Bad solenoid?

I have watch our other vf2 and it doesn't drop at all before the arm gets to clamp/unclamp, But its not a SS so im not sure.

https://youtu.be/eIcgTd86_9I

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *******************************************
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *******************************************

Ok So after talking with haas some more they gave me to options the drawbar or the Tool Release Piston Precharge Air Pressure wasn't right, So i took of the right side cover and found the Regulator was missing the psi gauge!!!! found one in the shop that would fit and put it on and the psi was at about 20 during the tool change, so I turned it up to the haas specifications 30 psi.. Everything is working fine now no more dropping and the tool change is like butter..Now im waiting on a friend to bring over a drawbar tester just to make sure its pulling what it should be.

Thanks

I have pics of the Cam box rebuild and will post pics and part numbers if any one is interested.