586,357 active members*
3,589 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Programming software

Just wanting some programmers opinions on what software you perfer, wich is easiest to use and learn, and cost i have been programming for quite sometime and have only used Esprit and not used it much, i currently do not have anything other than my Texas instrument wch is the only thing i know so any input would be great
    Thank You,
    individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that individual is crazy.

gibbscam. super easy. it has some limits...but its a nice package mill and lathe both. i had problems with their customer service though... but it is easy to use..very user friendly interface..

other names...
    *mastercam
    *edgecam
    *delcam
    *i herd the new bobcad isnt to bad....(MILLING)
    *i prefer unigraphics (NX) thats what i use

...just look up some names and see what they might have to offer. have them show you a demo. check prices. and see what software might fit your demands

I currently use Mastercam X2 linked with Cimco integration for gcode programming. It works great for all 2D and 3D drawings.

Mastercam here, It's a local industry standard.

Skip

(I used EasyCam Feature Cam and Gibbs in the past, they all have their problems and glitches.)

Guys I am not sure, but I think Jackson is meaning software such as Pascal (sp), C++ etc.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.