586,115 active members*
3,333 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Help with Biesseworks

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and I hope I can contribute as much as it looks like I will get out of it.

I have a Biesse Rover 4.4 and Biesseworks. We took over a lease and just got it setup, however, we did not opt for the training. I am a small closet company and was wondering if anyone new of a simple way to cut bulk parts using biesseworks until we can get cabinetvision installed? Thanks for all your help.

ALS12

You would need to draw the parts in Biesseworks, then you should be able to use BiesseNest to place them all on a sheet(s) to be cut out. I never did the training either, I basically figured out the software on my own. You can use the program to pretty much create any shape. My boss had me draw a partial elliptical curve for a large counter top template, so you can pretty much draw anything your imagination can come up with.

Bobcad and Biesse

I am looking to use bobcad for our Biesse Rover B 4.40. Anyone have suggestions or comments to help me get this machine running. I would like to the Starting and ending Gcode. That would be a big help.

The simplest way is for you to accomplish this is to create several small programs in the native Biesse Works environment. Program 1 = 1 vertically bored hole with specified spindle at specified X & Y, Program 2 = line boring using optimized boring with multiple spindle drops, Program 3 = Simple routing program, one line, one arc ....contine doing this until all the features you use on the Rover are represented with one program ( saw, aggregates, program with tool changes, etc.) Then send all of them to Bobcam as text files explaining what each does.
    Hope this helps!
    Mark T.
    www.cnccustomservices.com

Sorry, the previous post was for rberkes. ALS12 - I have all of the training documentation for Biesse Works if you would like it. Please email me at [email protected] or visit www.cnccustomservices.com and email me so we can discuss method of delivery.
    Kindest Regards,
    MarkT.

Biesse Works

How are you going mate, I'm in a similar boat with the 'new to this site' and I'm chasing some advice on how to learn and use Biesse works potentional. Can you help me?

Quote Originally Posted by david humphries View Post
    How are you going mate, I'm in a similar boat with the 'new to this site' and I'm chasing some advice on how to learn and use Biesse works potentional. Can you help me?
    Hi David,

still looking. How are you doing with it?

Biesseworks with DXF files

I work on a Biesse Rover with Biesseworks. We use CabVision, Artcam and Biesseworks, each has its place. We just did a large cruise ship interior using mostly Autocad DXF files imported into Biesseworks.

We imported the DXF files into Biesseworks using the manual import function, and then assigned router functions to the geometry on each DXF layer. The buttons to use are on the bottom of the Biesseworks screen. You can route, drill, pocket. You can also set the tool path to the left, right or center of the line, set tool depth, speed, feed rate, etc. Material is set up on the first box on the left side toolbar. After you finish toolpathing, click the magic wand tool to optimize, and then run a simulation. You can also send the optimized toolpath to your machine with a button on the left side. If you have difficultites with optimization its typically an error with a tool path or a problem with the DXF file geometry. Often if I was not able to mill a pocket due to geometry errors, I chose route instead, and used an offset to mill the pocket. Either that or I fixed the file in Autocad.

When you import, if the imported geometry doesnt fit your material, you can either redraw the DXF file in ACad to have a 0.0 origin, or right click in the import side of the screen, and select move, center horizontal or vertical to get the geometry positioned on the material.

When you import from Acad, you need to be sure to convert drawings to polylines. If you don't, Biesse will create a separate line segment out of each Acad line segment, causing the router to lift and replunge at each segment start instead of running a continuous tool path. Also, if areas to be pockets are not closed geometry, Biesseworks will give you an error message if you try to optimize a pocketing toolpath.

Biesseworks has a great functionality in that you can turn on and off each individual milling operation by selecting/deselecting the tool path in the list on the left. For example if you need to drill holes on some units, but not others, you can simply click off the holes you don't want to drill. Similarly, its very easy to restart a file where you left off by simply unchecking the tool path for each item that has already been cut. Most programs, like Artcam, would require you to either edit the Gcode or rewrite the program to accomplish this.

Its a good program, but has a big weakness in the CAD department- its NOT a CAD program really. But it does provide good control over the Biesse rover.

Happy routing!

WayneC

Hi all
    I too am impressed with the power available in Biesse Works. I am importing dxf files into Biesse Nest through the wizard, and am amazed at the way it can be driven through the layer names.
    I have figured out how to set all of the stuff like tool correction,leadins and outs, basicly anything on the first page of the machining properties.
    For the life of me, I cannot work out how to set anything on the additional data page.
    I would like to be able to set the number of horizontal and vertical (depth) passes to utilise onion skinning on small parts.
    A typical layer looks like this:TCHB1W0CD$MDF$TC1D1650DIR1IT8IA45OT8OA45
    Can anyone help me?
    cheers

New to site

Hi sorry if i've posted in the wrong area but have Rover C6 and use BiesseWorks. Instead of using the program variables I have been experimenting with using the dim function in the VB script. i can also generate this code from excel when i do a window quote, however as there are many dim variables i need to paste many lines and BiesseWorks won't let me paste more than one line at a time, however it does let me copy and paste multiple lines that are already in the vb box. Any help would be much appreciated with this

Example of Dim Function that i use:

Dim WindowHeight
    WindowHeight=1200

Thanks heaps in advance

3D work in Biesse Works

I have a 2006 version of the rover 2.3, i am experimenting with using bobcad to create gcodes and send them to the quote program.

Has any one else been doing this type of work as i need to find out the best way to go about things.

I have not been able to create a 3d file from within biesseworks, has anyone done this, if so please let us know how to achieve this.

Jeremy

Rover A 3.30 and BiesseWorks
    Greece

I can help anyboby has problem with BiesseWorks.

Question Biesse Works and Pattern Systems

Hello, I am working with Biesse works on a Rover B 4.40. All of our drilling programs originate from Pattern Systems Drill Mate (DOS version). I use the automatic import in Biesse works to bring in the drilling programs from a CID file, but I must do them 1 at a time. This is time consuming.
    Can anyone give me info on some third party software that will let me import all my CID files from Pattern Systems into Biesse works at the same time. The number of files could range from 10 to 200+.

Shoffman

Try using the BatchRun program that came with Biesseworks.

You will find it in Start - All Programs - Biesseworks - Tools .

just add the different programs into the software and process.

I have not gotton into this part of the software before, but i expect you can experiment with it to see if it works for you.

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Asxetius View Post
    Rover A 3.30 and BiesseWorks
    Greece

I can help anyboby has problem with BiesseWorks.

I need help with biesseworks the machine i am running is a rover 4.40 ftk i'm finding it difficult to program engraving's simple circle's and squares arent hard to do but theres no simple cad/cam operations that im aware of . i just got art cam pro but i am still a little confused as to the import - export methods ....if anyone can help me with this it would be very much appreciated.

I am a little confused about your intent. Please email me at [email protected] or through my website at www.cnccustomservices.com
    Mark T.

R.Peters

Are you engravings all at the same depth, if so why not create a program using the milling function and just do a center tool correction to create the engraving, just import the dxf part into works and create.

If the engraving has different depths, like the v carving within artcam pro, the i can help you with the exporting of the file onto the machine. Basically you should use the biesse nc 1000 export post or the biesse rover24xnc post, which ever runs straight into the quote program, if you have an older machine with the old editor program then there is a lot of changing going on. Ask your artcam dealer to help with this, or you can email me at [email protected] if you need assistance.

Regards

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by R.Peters View Post
    I need help with biesseworks the machine i am running is a rover 4.40 ftk i'm finding it difficult to program engraving's simple circle's and squares arent hard to do but theres no simple cad/cam operations that im aware of . i just got art cam pro but i am still a little confused as to the import - export methods ....if anyone can help me with this it would be very much appreciated.
    Rover B 4.40 with Biesseworks?

Ιf exists query post here )

R.peters

I presume you want to be able to mill certain shapes and lines and curves.

First of all when you create a new program you get the program starting line, within this box left mouse click and you will get a pop up menu, choose insert then choose millings, basic, milling to bring up the milling parameters box, choose your speed, depth tool choice and tool correction and entry proceedure, with center corection you cannot choose to have a radious entry but you can enter the peice from above, play around with these procedures to see what they do for the job. once you have done this click on the end of path and left mouse click insert millings, basic, milling, starting point, choose you point of start then enter. if you choose a zero zero starting point you will see that you cannot produce a square or a circle, this is because it would go off the piece, but you can draw a line or a curve from this point.

You see biesseworks does have basic drawing facitlities, but it does take a long time to get to the grips of the way the work, you need to know exactly the start and end points of lines and curves.

Is this waht you are looking for, is so i hope i help a little.

If you do a search i`m shure you can find a basic drawing package to create the drawings, i fond some freebee cad software here http://www.freebyte.com/cad/cad.htm see what you can download, i use a cad package called AutoCAD, very expensive, as i do a lot of draughting with it..

Jeremy

Thank you all for your reply's ....but i know how to do the manual inputs such as the x and y , tool , depth and left right or center corrections ...what im looking for is software that i can import my dxf or dwg files and then specify what tool and depth from there like alot of the other traditional cnc software for laser's, plasma's, waterjet's, etc. we have all of these wonderful toys but the software for each machine is different and none are compatible with the rover b 4.40 ftk router ....the thing i dont like about biesseworks (we have the bare bones package) is that you have to manually input your drawings such as starting points and the line or arc and specify endpoints .....basically for me its doing the same job twice and its very time consuming why should i have to do that when ive already drawn my part or engravings in auto-cad 2008 ....its tedious and getting very frustrating ..
    If this clarifies my needs and anyone has any suggestion ...please let me know

once again thank you

Page 1 of 2 12