586,076 active members*
3,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > TL2 Intuitive Programming HELP please

Question TL2 Intuitive Programming HELP please

Can anyone please help me out a little here? My father just purchased and had delivered a new TL2 with Intuitive Programming. I have figured everything out except how to get the recorder events to Memory. Can anyone please help us with some simple directions? I can get my father & me to the point of "play" & hit cycle start to write the code, but I can't figure out how to get the operations to memory (so I can save them to a floppy & edit them) Right now he is just running the parts while using "play" and keeps hitting cycle start a bunch of times. I run Haas VF-6 & a VF-4 at work & own my own Haas Mini Mill at the house, so I know the controls pretty good, just have never used the lathes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After you've run the operations they will be in MDI. Enter a Program number and it will save to the program list.

Or more specifically; Goto MDI, put the cursor at the beginning of the first line, type program number in format Oxxxx, then press ALTER. This will add that program name to the program list and clear it out of MDI. Goto to LIST PROGRAM, find it and SELECT PROGRAM to put it back in MEM to be executed.
    Its pretty quick and easy to do that editing (dropping of all the M30's I am guessing) right at the control in EDIT using the JOG hand to cursor around a highlighting and DELETING the M30's.

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN View Post
    .....Its pretty quick and easy to do that editing (dropping of all the M30's I am guessing) right at the control in EDIT using the JOG hand to cursor around a highlighting and DELETING the M30's.
    Another way to delete many occurences of the same command is to use the FIND/REPLACE edit function. In this case all the M30's are probably followed by the ";" (End of Block character). Tell the editor to FIND M30; and REPLACE with ;

Sometimes it is a good idea to make a copy of the program in case you hit a wrong button and replace or delete something you wanted to keep. These operations cannot be UNDO'ed so a back up can be handy.

Smile

Thanks everyone for the information, it really helped. I just got back from my parents house & my Dad was making programs & chips pretty easy.